A developer-oriented admin UI would be very helpful!

First post! I must admit to being sceptical of Ninox and decided to try it out as i needed a relatively quick and painless replacement for a complicated Numbers spreadsheet system i use to manage my crypto clients.  I have been coding for years, in various arenas and am very comfy knee-deep in code and data models.  I simply did not want to create a new app for this project... and found Ninox.

The more i learn, the better i like it.  I forgive the lack of customization for the ease of getting usable results. 

One thing that would TRULY help me as a dev-oriented solution provider is to be able to see an admin UI that quickly and expressly shows all my fields and formulas and the ability to link back and forth between fields and dependent fields. Almost a Ninox for Ninox.  It is far too cumbersome tracking such things having to be stuck within the current UI paradigm.  if i had direct access to the model, i could likely build it myself, but this is a closed box.

If my thoughts are not that clear, i can expound further, thanks!

1 reply

null
    • Choices_Software_Dean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ninox does have a "Data model" view. To locate it:

1. click your database

2. click wrench at far right

3. click "Data model" tab

From the Data model view you can create new tables and set relationships. Be aware that when you open a relationship there is a "Composite" option. Select 'Yes" to create an inner relationship, or "No" to create an outer relationship. The "Yes" option will also make the child table appear as a sub-table on the left side of the screen.

Nioxus has some very good Ninox videos on youtube. To find them go to youtube and do a search on 'Ninox Learning".

Hope this helps.

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 892Views