Auto Backup for iCloud

I have my database in iCloud so that I can use the iOS apps. Problem is the data is hidden, and should something go wrong; then there is no way to recover it from iCloud. Ninox's solution is to "Save Archive as..." That means I need to remember to perform the command every so often to have a relatively current backup. I used my Keyboard Maestro app to create a macro to do the backup every two hours. It kind of works, but it fails if I'm working at the same time the macro triggers. Some other apps I use offer automatic backups set for a predetermined time or number of operations. I can choose to replace the file or create a new file. These are good solutions since they happen in the background and don't affect my workflow. I feel some solution like this would be a great addition to Ninox unless there's a future way to restore a Ninox file from iCloud.

4 replies

null
    • Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is a real important feature request. It is part of our feature request database. It is not yet possible.

Birger

• Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I added an alert to my Ninox Keyboard Maestro backup macro so that (alert) pop-up appears before the backup triggers. That works better making for less macro failures. Keep in mind this is a workaround. I hope you folks can make it work within Noinox in the future. Thanks, Birger.

If anyone else wants to try my Keyboard Maestro macro, let me know and I will send you a screenshot and explanation.

• AHS
      • Alexis_Wilson
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Mr. K. Hello, would you please send me the Keyboard Maestro macro? Thank you.

• Mr_K
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Too many problems with the KM macro so I deleted it.

Content aside

• 1 yr agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 2092Views
  • 2 Following