Better search in Support/Manual. Need to be able to search for phrases.

I rarely find what I need when I search the manual. Yesterday I searched for "delete multiple records." Got no help! Why? Because search the manual only searches by single words. If the manual was going to be helpful, getting results for phrase searches is necessary. Please tell me if there is an advanced search function for this?

4 replies

null
    • snaprovmembership
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Funny, I did exactly the same search.  Agree it would be good to be able to search phrases.

But, did you manage to learn how to delete multiple records?  I can't see it and don't want to have to delete them one-by-one.

• Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 9.51.24 AM

It's tricky! Here's what you do: Click the row number (not ID number) column to place the checkmark there, then right-click anywhere except in the row number column. That brings up the contextual menu where the delete selected rows command is. My opinion is this needs improvement.

• snaprovmembership
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It's easy to do once you know how, but it sure would be nice if there were a menu item instead of a hidden trick.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!  

• Mr_K
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Menu command is my thought too. Took me far too long to find the hidden command. That's wrong.

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1392Views