Define a start up script / default table open view
Ninox Profile

Folks.. any thought about providing the capability to define a "start up" script?    This script would execute upon database open. 

In conjuction with this request..  also provide the capability at a table level to define a default open view (grid/view name vs form).. 

Thoughts? 

Ninox Profile

Hi Michael, 

To define a default open view is already in our change request list, but you can already achieve that by naming the view with a starting 1 or 001 what would bring the view in the first position of the alphabetic order of the views. 

What do you try to achieve with a "start up" script?

Best, Jörg

Ninox Profile

Jörg, 

perhaps I was not clear.. For the default open view.. let's use the Webinar Dashboard sample.... When that database opens.. I would like it to open the dashboard view.. No clicks by the user.. Open to this view. 

dashboard

Ninox Profile

This is not yet possible. We are working on this. Look out for the next releases.

Birger

Ninox Profile

Hi Micheal, 

Thank you for the explanation. Now I understood it better and adjusted the entry in our change reqeust list.

Best, Jörg

Ninox Profile

I guess I am combining two concepts.. First.. a start up script would do whatever intialization tasks necessary .. then "popupRecord" the desired record / form. 

Second..  To display the above image.. after clicking on the 00 Dashboard table.. I had to click on a record to display the form.   It would be a great feature if I could define.. per table.. if it should open in data grid or form view. 

Ninox Profile

Hi Michael,

These are good ideas, we will consider them in our further developments.

If you choose table and it pops up in form view, Ninox needs a record to display. Which record would you prefer? The first one?

Best, Jörg

Ninox Profile

I agree about needing a record..  Yes.. the first one would make sense.

Ninox Profile

Hello

Some new information about that?

Ninox Profile

@George,

WOW.. this is one from the way back files... and since it is hard to keep track of my past posts.. I shamefully did not go back and mark it closed / completed.. :(   

Yes... this is implemented via the Trigger after Open capability combined with the openTable with a view name.