Fantastic product – but the color palette …

Overall, I am immensely satisfied with Ninox and happy that I found it. It took a while – based on a vague memory of the usefulness and sheer fun of using HyperCard, as a kid, and early versions of FileMaker, I scouted for some sort of upgraded equivalent for quite a while before I landed here. Ninox is extraordinarily useful for my current purposes, in a way which —even if I was a skilled coder, which I am not— I don't believe any SQL-related system could be.

Mainly, I use Ninox to organize research, and find it way more capable for my perhaps somewhat idiosyncratic methods of collecting material, citations and such, than any of the solutions supposedly tailor-made for that purpose, systems such as Mendeley, Zotero etc. So, hats off and loud cheers for the whole team, for an excellent product.

Having said that, I do have a pet peeve.

The typography of the current design doesn't bother me at all. But the user interface color palette feels just a little bit … intrusive? These pastel…ish, violetty colors seem to want to convince me that I have suddenly found myself in a calm, quiet and well-adjusted place. I have other methods, however, in my opinion more efficient ones, to handle my anxieties, and would prefer most of my software to act more straightforward utilitarian.

Of course this is by no means a big issue, and certainly no deal-breaker —but, in this regard, I did feel more at home in the earlier versions. And I would really appreciate an option, at least, to personalize the colors and background image. On top of which a dark mode would be nice.

I look forward to spending a lot of time in the company of this excellent piece of software. Thanks for making the joys of  interrelated data accessible to the code-dyslexic again.

All the best,

HMH,

Iceland.

null

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 365Views