Fix this forum so you can post a question even if you have forgotten to log in

What a mess this is. Don't forget to log in before you try to post a new question.

8 replies

null
    • Antonello_Stabile_71
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

+1

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Well, isn't it the intention on every forum to log in first before posting something ? Nobody likes incognito blame or whatever....

• Sean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I agree with Steven. I can easily imagine how bad the spam posts would be if you didn't need an account that you had to login with.

• Mconneen
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

OHH.. I lost count how many times I have done that!  

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I may not have phrased is well. If you forget to log in before you write your message, then you get stuck, nothing happens, then you realize you have not logged in and you have to log in, then what you wrote is gone. That's what needs to be fixed.

• Karen_Estrada
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I learned that the hard way (re: not being logged in after writing a long post reply .... ) --- so now I make sure before hitting 'post' to check first, and if I have forgotten to 'log in' - I just copy what I've written (& paste it to a quick notes app I have in my toolbar -- + post URL).

---

The Spam is unbelievable ... and I can't fathom why a better platform (which DO exist .... ) can't be used for this forum. And I do not believe we should need to use Facebook either. I'm hoping something will be done about it ... I've learned so much from the generousity of others who have taken their time to share their knowledge with others.  

---

@RoSoft_Steven Rooryck  Agreed -  but .... think it's more an issue that we (regular users/) just forget to check if we're logged in or not before jumping in to reply to a post... at least that has been in my case. 

---- Have a great day (or evening) all! Karen 

• PAGE
    • Bill_Page
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

+1 Just caught me out too since I am not aware of the time-out duration. Basically, I keep Ninox open in the background on one of my virtual desktops and keep going back to it after reading more of the manual or support items. Then when I post a reply it asks me to sign-up or login, when I already thought I was logged in, hence the ability to read postings and write the subject line of my reply. I think a BETTER solution would be that when anyone clicks into the Subject line then the Login/Sign-up message should appear. That would help a LOT OF PEOPLE, IMHO.

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This forum needs a replacement BADLY. I don't think any of us feel it is good. It can be helpful, but OMG, don't try to search for anything, review any previous postings you made, or edit a post.

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 745Views