How can you call an Apple Shortcut from the Ninox iPad app? Found the answer 😊

Can be easily achieved using a formula to generate a url. Here is an example...

url(“shortcuts://run-shortcut?name=Open FitFile&input=text&text=” + FDate + “.fit”)

This url calls a Shortcut called “Open Fitfile” in my Shortcuts library. Its sends the filename as a field called FDate from my database. My shortcut finds the file, opens it in a specified app, then waits - when that app is closed control comes back to the shortcut, which re-opens Ninox where it was left.

Thats a simple example as of course Apple Shortcuts can be scripted to manipulate data and files of many types, and can use any app loaded on your iPad. Using a url call to Shortcuts this way allows Ninox on the iPad to work seamlessly with any other app, using data held in the Ninox database. It has opened a completely new dimension for me, as previously I found it a bit tedious getting data between Ninox and other apps, as it had to be done manually.

2 replies

null
    • Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is also interesting like your use case for apple users....

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/news/always-updated-list-ios-app-url-scheme-names-0184033/

• AlanW
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks Steven, yes you“re right thats an interesting read, I”ll plot some more features to my database from that 😊

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 738Views