Provide a ninox interface to the iOS app "shortcut"

Hello again. I'm trying to communicate automatically between Ninox and some of the iOS apps. This is dozen of clicks ans go and return between applications to make only one appointment for example 馃槴.

It would be GREAT if ninox could provide actions in the "Shortcut" iOS app. For example, with a client record, clicking only one button to launch shortcut and create a calendar meeting with an automatic sms to confirm the date to the client.

Ninox could provide a shortcut action returning the content of a field selected by its name, of the displayed record (only this will be great). Another action could select a record in a table, and so on. With only few Ninox functions in the iOS Shortcut app, the power of Ninox could be enormously rised.

6 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Pascal.. I am not sure I follow your use case ...   You CAN create a calendar entry via Ninox..  See the syntax for 

createCalendarEvent(calendar, title, from, to)

Also.. to automatically SMS the client.. you can send via an email.. but to their phone.. Most providers have a SMTP to SMS gateway.. 

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Pascal, 

Here is the thread that outlines sending SMS through email gateways. 

https://ninoxdb.de/en/forum/technical-help-5ab8fe445fe2b42b7dd39ee7/smstext-function-5b352905f87cfa7f16294b0b

• Pascal.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you, but it is not a good solution for me, i have to respond immediatly to a customer sms with a reservation. As i wrote, this was an example of what you could do if these Shortcut interfaces were present in Ninox. In fact, there could be no limit in the abilities to combine Ninox with Shortcut scripts.

I did'nt publish in these "ideas & suggest" part of the forum to complain but to share ideas. I have no problem with the ninox scripting and my ninox apps already have hundred of script lines. But for a new customer of mine, i need to make more than a douzen of clics an manual action to share and sync all his data in different apps.

Ok, I'll only use Ninox as it is, and no waste more time here. Ninox is still pretty good and cheap. And that's great.

• AlanW
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Even being able to just call a shortcut from Ninox would help - no need for special embedded commands. For example, I have thousands of fitness files, each of which relates to one specific activity in an Ninox database. I do not want to hold the files in my database, but wish to find one and open it with a different app. It 'could' be so easy - I could easily get the filename by concatenating a couple of Ninox fields, put the concatenation in the clipboard, then use 'Get File' in shortcuts to find the file and open it with an appropriate app. I could even create buttons to open in different apps. Its because I can't do this that I don't make much use of Ninox these days, its too hard to link my data to other iOS apps.

• OccasionallyGirly
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Looks like AlanW found a solution to this! Sharing here, as this is this post was the first link when I personally searched for this solution:

<a href="https://ninox.com/en/forum/ideas-and-suggestions-5abb9f4f45eda7ea1e75ed02/how-can-you-call-an-apple-shortcut-from-the-ninox-ipad-app-found-the-answer-5ff04b564f0ad7068b0dc4f2">https://ninox.com/en/forum/ideas-and-suggestions-5abb9f4f45eda7ea1e75ed02/how-can-you-call-an-apple-shortcut-from-the-ninox-ipad-app-found-the-answer-5ff04b564f0ad7068b0dc4f2</a>

Thanks so much, Alan!

• OccasionallyGirly
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 2074Views