Add an image as a layout element to record view?

Is there a way to add an image as a layout element to record view? I want to use this image in my record view. I know I can do it in a print layout, but I see no way to do it in record view. I tried an image field, button, head and space. None work.

10 replies

null
    • Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

If your intent is to have the image appear across all records, create another table named "My Preferences" that only has one record and a image field named "img". Add the above image to that field. Then in your existing table add a formula field with:

select 'My Preferences'.img

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Or you could change the code to make it conditional based on what is selected from another field. Not sure what your use case is.

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Can you explain the conditional way more? That sounds like what I want.

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

For example, if you have a Choice field that is named "Choices", with items:

Yes

No

Maybe

You could use:

if text(Choices) = "Yes" then
       (select 'My Preferences').img
    end

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I got it figured out. Thanks Dean.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 1.02.12 PM

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Here's a problem I ran into. How do I stop it from showing in the global search? The formula field deos not have a Global Search checkbox.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.56.04 PMScreen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.58.15 PM

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I think global finds show the first 8 columns, so under Edit Fields you could drag your formula field down so it is lower than the 8th colomn (field). However, that is not a good solution.

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I did rearrange my entire record view screen to accommodate this failing of the app. There's no good reason why Find is so inflexible.

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I wish there was an option to turn off global finds entirely.

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Agreed, and I wish that table Find worked as a filter like global Find works. The results list is reduced with each character added to the find, and works in revese. Why it doesn't work that way is a mystery to me.

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 1793Views