Application DMS Document management system with Ninoxdb

Hello,
I have to create a DMS soon for a client. The client must be able to drop files by dragging and dropping, adding tags, adding metadata, doing research on the files and their content. Do you think that with Ninox I can do this? Especially drag and drop it from multiple files. How to search in the content files? Of course this app must be webbased.

If i cant do that with ninox, another solution?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Robert

6 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Robert, 

What does "doing research on the files and their content" imply?  

1.  Drag / Drop ... Yes.. (mostly) .. you can drag files onto an "image" field .   So that is one file at a time. 

2.  Collect meta data.. Yes.. I would do a composite table of tag / values. 

Here is the kicker.. "How to search in the content files" ... hmm.. without trying to get real tricky... the "image" file would have to be parseable / readable..   Sure .. there is the "raw" function ... but that would not do for DOCX, PDFs, etc.. 

If the back end file store was something like GoogleDocs.. there may be a way to use the googleAPI to scan file contents.. 

Let us see what the rest of the community recommends. 

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Oh.. you can drag / drop multiples if using attachments.. but if the meta data is different.. you would have to get creative. 

• NIOXUS
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Robert - check out the new Document Management System for Ninox databases at www.ULTIMATEDATASOLUTION.COM.

• Mconneen
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

+1 on Nioxus .. from the demo, appears to be a very robust solution. 

• CISOFT_Sarl
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

thanks Mconneen and Nioxus,

For me the better solution is alone, Ninox or eFilecabinet, but a merge between both is not a very good solution.

Then a continue use myne with only ninox.

• CISOFT_Sarl
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

thanks Mconneen and Nioxus,

For me the better solution is alone, Ninox or eFilecabinet, but a merge between both is not a very good solution.

Then a continue use myne with only ninox.

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 2365Views