Are the numbers of fields limited ?

Hi

I have an imported base with a lot of fields.

I find them all in the form but it seems that in the table you can't exceed 23 fields.

Is this normal ?

Can one fix it ?

Thank you

20 replies

null
    • Mel_Charles
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've imported over 10,000 records into table with over 50 fields

might be worth checking you have all the fields

matched to your cvs import file

• Mel_Charles
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

also on your list above you simply may not be seeing them all
    if you scroll the mouse the list above should scroll to show all fields

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you for your answers ;)

I have checked :  it is not possible to go any lower in the left window with a field.

Indeed when I select the field 24 in the right window and drag it to the left window after field 23 it refuses to install...It bounces !

On the other hand If there was an import problem how can we explain then that the fields are all in the form ? (There are 92)

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    • Sean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    • Sean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Well, I tried to upload a video of me scrolling through the columns, but that didn't work. Here's a screenshot...

I was able to keep adding columns after 23.

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you Sean,

I restarted the import of Numbers in Ninox : now it seems to work.

I have the 92 columns !

But I have another problem : the column titles have not been imported.

How can I fix this ?

I only have only column 1, column 2, column 3 etc.

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi again,

In fact it does not work either (I counted the rows instead the columns…)

About the tiltes not displayed, when I am in Ninox in the importing mode it is written :  "the first line is the header" with a menu "yes" or "no"

How can I choose the line 2 where are my titles ?

• Mel_Charles
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Re: indeed when I select the field 24 in the right window and drag it to the left window after field 23 it refuses to install...It bounces !

Ninox does not always like like you adding more fields to the very botton in the to the show column when you have a full list.

Try adding it near to the bottom. Then dragging it down into place afterwards
    also there seems to be a bit of fine art required to get that list to scroll ! takes a bit of practice!

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I find the solution : the trick is to drag and drop between the 22 and the 23 : it works then !

But I have 69 times !

Is there not another way quicker and more simple to add this missing fields ?

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I find the solution : the trick is to drag and drop between the 22 and the 23 : it works then !

But I have 69 times !

Is there not another way quicker and more simple to add this missing fields ?

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

But I have to it 69 times !

• Sean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I didn't say it would be easy. I just pointed out it could be done. 😉

• Alain_Fontaine
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

What I do in such a situation: I add a "Line break" layout element at the bottomm of the list. I can then add whatever I need before that Line break. When the operation is completed, the Line break may be removed.

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you Alain,

It’s only possible to put a break line in the modification mode, not when one use the funnel mode, so I do not see how you do that ?

Are you French ?

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just curious. What percent of your fields are used for each record? Are they all text fields? We have forms with over 500 fields. Depending on your use situation, you might be better off with a forms table that has a related values table. Each record in the values table would contain a single field name/field value pair. That way you could avoid a table with a lot of empty columns. Again, it depends on your situation.

• Alain_Fontaine
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The problem is that it is very difficult (but not impossible) to add an element at very end of either list when the list is filled to the bottom. And the trick is to add an irrelevant element at the end of the list as a guard. When a Line break is not possible, one can still define yet another field, and use it as the guard at the end of the list. It makes the operation of adding fields 'at the end' a bit easier, but it's surely no magic bullet.

• Alain_Fontaine
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just another idea: you can start by moving the last field listed in the right column, and proceed from bottom to top. So, once that last field is in place, you never need to move another field to the - admitedly problematic - last position in the left column.

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you Alain,

Ok. But it is really not possible to do that in a quicker way ? All the fields moved in the same time ?

It is incredible that in a so sophisticated app as Ninox one has to do that in a so unseasy way !

• saddinsell
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Imagine if I had 600 fields to move one by one !

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 20Replies
  • 1496Views