business card app to ninox

Does anyone know of an app that will let you take a picture of a business card with an IPAD and import into ninox

3 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Joe

This is an interesting use case.   There are numerous "apps" that scan business cards and create them into ... (pick your contact app .. Apple Contact, Google, etc..).   There is a "bar code" scanner within the Ninox app...  I am not aware of a  more robust OCR scanner interaction with the camera. 

The Mac App version of Ninox CAN import contacts... So .. if you have BOTH the iPad app and the Mac App. and your contacts are synced via iCloud.. then there is a round about about way.. 

You can also sync your iCloud contacts with google contacts.. and export google.. import to Ninox (I would think) ... 

• Joe_Cirillo
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks Mconnen, I found an app that will export the business card OCR info to Excel. I guess I'll just have to import to ninox. If you hear of an app that will import directly or if ninox comes up with a way to use the camera funtion, please let me know.

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Joe.. With the plethora of iPhone / iPad applications that do just this.. I suspect if the demand were great enough.. Ninox "could" partner with a developer...

Another approach (be it a bit of a round about) .. is to sync your Mac Contacts to google ... then use Integromat, Zapier .. or some other "Integration Platform As A Service"' (iPaaS) to do the sync.. 

And I suspect the community has other solutions for you as well. 

Happy Ninox-ing. 

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 1585Views