Can I apply a default filter to a table reference

I have a table that I use for logging phone calls. One of the fields in the log is a table reference to 'ProjectList' so that a valid project name can be assigend to the telephone record.

When I create a new log entry and click on the 'ProjectList' link, I'd like the pop up window to display the list of projects in alphabetical order.  Currently, it displays by order of creation.  And then I need to perform a sort to get it into alphabetical by name.

It seems like this should be pretty simple, and I assume that I'm missing something pretty basic, but I haven't found solution in the manual or tutorials...

2 replies

null
    • Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

First click the Tools icon on the right to make it red. Then click the header in the related column that you want to sort. Select either Ascending or Descending and hit Enter key. Then click red Tools icon again to save your change.

• gieseke
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

THANKS a million! That did it. I spent a couple hours trying to figure that out yesterday with no luck -- it feels great to have it finally work the way I want it to.

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 679Views