Cannot open databases since last update

Hello, yesterday my computer installed the latest Ninox update (3.2.6). Since that moment, I cannot open 2 of my 3 databases anymore. I can open the app and see the main menu, but as soon as I click on a database, it keeps loading forever. I use macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6. What can I do? Do I need to delete the app and install it again or do I risk to lose my data in that case? Thanks for helping me out!

20 replies

null
    • Mel_Charles
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

you need to email ninox support at support@ninox.com

• Studio_Sonart
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Mel, I did 2 days ago, but no answer yet:-(

• Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Today there is a new update 3.2.7.

Did you tried?

• Studio_Sonart
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yes, I noticed and tried immediately, but unfortunately same problem. Am I the only one with this problem?? Fact that there is already a new update after 2 days meant that there's something going on behind the scenes. Biggest problem for me is that I don't receive any response from Ninox themselves. 

• Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Do you keep Time Machine backups? Maybe you go back a few days and restore the previous version of the app.

• Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Or, from the app Main Menu save your databases (Save Archive as...) and then try uninstall and reinstal Ninox.

• Studio_Sonart
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, Unfortunately I don't keep Tim Machine back-ups. I installed it now, but that's too late of course. I also tried to make a copy of my databases via 'import archive', but cannot open these copies either.  Just deleted and reinstalled the Ninox programm, but same problem. Are there other options?

• sebastian
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I know it is maybe too late now, but as usual always back up your database on regular basis (not only with Time Machine, but by archiving copies of your databases). Did you made the copy before you had the problem or after? There maybe some errors with your database and worse case is that it has to be rebuild. 

• Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ellen,

What i meant was:

- from the app Main Menu save your databases (Save Archive as...) in a folder or your desktop

- delete your databases from Ninox main screen

- Uninstall the Ninox app

- Reinstall Ninox app

- Import your archives

I do not know what will happen, but it's worth the effort

• Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Also, try restart your computer before install Ninox again.

• Studio_Sonart
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, luckily I have recent archieved copies of my databases. So, I tried all these steps. If I click on 'import archive', I get a pop-up icon of a new database, but then, sample problem, it just keeps loading, nothing happens. I cannot do anything, unless close the programm. 

I have 3 databases, 1 still works, the other two not anymore since the update. So, just as a test, I tried to delete and import the one database that still works, and yes, that one, I can install and use again. So, there must be a problem in the databases themselves, like they are not compatible anymore.

I already use Ninox since 2016 and was very satisfied. But this problem is for me a reason to look for another programm. Especially the fact that I don't get help from the Ninox support team, is a pain in the ass. Today I received an email with some questions, I immediately answered, but no reaction today. I cannot use my daily work tool since Monday, that's a long time. 

Thanks anyway for your help. And if you have other suggestions, please let me know:) 

• CentralGamer
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, today I get the update and The same isue happen to me.
    anyone knows if there is a way to downgrade the ninox version?

• sebastian
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

CentralGamer, "..anyone knows if there is a way to downgrade the ninox version". For this you need to use the time machine to eradicate all updates made since the last time it worked.

• sebastian
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@ellen. "but then, sample problem, it just keeps loading, nothing happens. I cannot do anything, unless close the programm. ". Maybe try to wait until it is loaded. Most of the time after an update it will take a while. Let's say if after 15 minutes (that's long) nothing happens, then there is really a problem.

• Studio_Sonart
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello, I have a response of Ninox Customer Support:

Thank you for the information that you provided,
    Our developers are working to solve this issue as soon as possible.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to return to the older version.

For this moment, what you could do to reach the datab would be to use the Ninox Cloud (as a free trial), the trial version is the Ninox Cloud version. Once you decide to go back to the App, you can transfer your databases to the App easily. At the end of the trial period the trial will terminate and will not pass over into a subscription automatically.
    Please start your trial version here: https://ninox.com/en/sign-up

Kind regards,

• sebastian
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

New update is availabel and might solve the problem now.

• Studio_Sonart
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Sebastian, which update do you mean? Latest version is Ninox 3.2.7? 

• sebastian
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

HI Ellen, Version 3.2.8, just released.

• Phil
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have the same problem. I'm on 3.2.8. Nothing works. Ninox tries to open the last DB I was working on ("Ninox Reference" from the German Webinar Team), but fails to opens it. So I can't use Ninox at all. :-( 

• Phil
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I restored an earlier Version of Ninox via Time Maschine to be able to access my data. I guess I'll wait with until a further update.

Ninox support stuff suggested to me this morning to disable macOS Calender access in Privacy settings. Maybe that's a help to somebody. 

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 20Replies
  • 2152Views