Count If... function help

Hi I need help on a formula for my database.. I have a field called Procedure, this field has several posible choices (different procedures), lets call them A,B,C,D,E,F..  I want to be able to count the number of individual choices ie how many A, B, C... there are.  I am able to this part, but I don’t know how to restrict this to a date range.  For example how to count how many A,B,C,D there where from Jan-Feb...

15 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

for r in (select Table)[yearmonth(YourDateField) >="2019/01" and yearmonth(YourDateField) <="2019/02"]

"Put your count logic here"

end;

Disclaimer.. Code untested.. but hopefully you get the point.. Add criteria to your selection.

• ccarrieta
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for the help.. is there a way to setup a prompt that asks for the date range that way I won’t have to edit formula each time I need to change date range 

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sure.. just create a "dashboard" table.. and add the field(s) to that.. Then create a view object with the select statement. 

• ccarrieta
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This might be hard for a novice I have no idea how to get started : ( with a dashboard table... I sued the following to get the total number of each procedure : cnt(select Procedures where Procedure_Done like "AFIB") this gives me the total number of AFIB in the database.  I guess with the above code i can narrow it ? how would i use the dashboard table ?

Sorry...

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@ccarrieta .. I sent an email to your me.com with a sample database. Import that archive into your Ninox.

Enjoy. 

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Here is the procedures table.. 

ProceduresTable

Here is the Dashboard table. 

DashboardTable

Here is the code behind the count formula. 

let t := this;
    cnt((select Procedures)[text(Procedure_Done) like t.'Procedure Filter' and yearmonth(Date) >= t.From and yearmonth(Date) <= t.To])

• ccarrieta
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks!!! I love Ninox but the coding is not that straight forward... that is almost what i need.. I needed something like this but for several procedures at the same time.. I am able to do something similar in filemaker..

AFIB    LOOP.   PACER.  TEE.   DCCV                       date range 1/1/2019...2/31/2019

1/1/2019.     10.      20.      30.         15.    10 

2/1/2019       2         12.       11.         4.     1

thanks for any help : )

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

One different approach is to create new table i.e. 'Procedures Report'. Create 2 date fields for your date range "From, To" and 5 formula fields with AFIB    LOOP.   PACER.  TEE.   DCCV. 

Modifiyng @Mconneen's code you can have what you need. 

Every record in this table will be a report for the date range.

Yes, Ninox is perfect for filtering ang grouping!

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Something like this...

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 12.13.32

• ccarrieta
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks nick would it possible for you to send the database so I can import and learn your concept is exactly what i need i just don’t know how to edit Mconneen’s formula 

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    • ccarrieta
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is exactly what I needed.. thanks you so much excellent learning case.  Now i can use Ninox to track my procedures.. No more FileMaker.

• ccarrieta
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

.....except that I choose the procedure with a choice field ie a dropdown.  When used this way it does not count the number of procedures..

• ccarrieta
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sorry got it use the choice value...

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Change the "Procedure Name" with the Number of the Value List:

e.g.
    cnt(select Procedure where Procedure = 1 and Date >= t.From and Date <= t.To)

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 22.05.34

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 4700Views