Create table with static column?

Not sure if what I am trying to do is even possible, but here goes...

I want to recreate an excel table used to carry out inspections, but in Ninox, so that I can integrate it with our existing workflow and purchase order system. 

This is the table I would like to create:

Each inspection job would require this table (which is populated with a mix of dropdowns, text and number fields) to be filled out. There is also a slightly larger one for components, but the layout is essentially the same.

Obviously in excel, a template has been created, and then a new file is saved for each inspection, but it does not talk to our purchase order and workflow system in Ninox...is there a way to create this in Ninox or not?

At least if I know it is impossible, then I can write it off and attempt to find another solution.

Many thanks, Anna

3 replies

null
    • Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Below is an example of how you could have a related inspection report created by clicking a button on a purchase order. As shown, the button code creates the first three rows of the report. Copy and paste to add the other 16 rows to the code. The third screenshot shows the "Inspections" table with the important 'Purchase Orders' relation that is used in the button code. Hope this helps.

• Anna_Wenlock
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Dean,

Thanks, this seems like it might be what I am looking for. I will have a play around with it now!

In a little more detail...

Our existing system was modified from the projects template, and so each customer job is a record within the workflow. If we need to order parts, then this currently enables us to link it both to the customer, and view it in the purchase order table directly.

Recently, we have started taking on inspections for insurance companies. We need to generate the report for each customer job as previously explained, and then if the insurer authorises the repair or replacement part, have a way to post this as an entry into the purchase order (parts order) table for that job also. I hope this makes sense?

The easiest way I could think of was to literally have a tick box for authorisation, if they give the go-ahead, the box is ticked. Once ticked, I need some kind of trigger that creates the entry as a line within purchase order.

The problem I was having was trying to create a table that essentially needed to have a static column that didn't change, but then also allow the others to...and on top of that, to be able to generate a new version of this for each customer job. 

Any and all help in trying to achieve this would be most appreciated! I am so impressed with Ninox overall, and it has enabled us to build a system for our business that we just couldn't buy off the shelf.

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Interesting use case. We have specialized in insurance software for over 30 years. As you proceed, do not hesitate to ask questions. There is always someone on this forum who is willing to help.

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 676Views