Custom made Icons

Hi, is there any workaround to add custom made icons?

thank you

18 replies

null
    • SMoore
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Second...

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Unicode perhaps?

• mike
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

+1 for custom icons.

• jel888
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ditto, + I thought someone mentioned they could during one of the last webinars?

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

use unicode and emojis...

Birger

• jel888
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Birger and thanks! As a newbie to Ninox and an old DB use, but let's say newbie there too, how do I use unicode?  As in I understand to use the code to have the icon area in the area I type the unicode, but how do I save the icons as custom icons for future use?  I know that the quesiton dwiandi asked is a workaround, but I actually want to create them or pull in a set of them?  Perhaps this isn't the right forum question to have asked, sorry.  I was so focused on the question title.

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You look for you favourite Emoji - and do the copy&paste :-)

• Karen_Estrada
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

....Birger, I found an Emoji ... copied/--> but it wouldn't paste? Tried to paste it in for the dB icon, as well as in an Icon field. Does it have to be a .jpg file only? OR can you only do this on the cloud version vs. desktop version? What am I doing wrong? Thank you!!! Karen

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Copy it from any website and past in in any text/name of a property field. Come on :-)

Birger

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

👌

• Karen_Estrada
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ah, I know that Birger ;-) ... but it's not working. I can only paste an image from the web into a rich text field, that's it.

If I'm using iOS, then I can add an emoji into the text/name but that's limited to only the emojis on the emoji keyboard - (which aren't that great....) I'd like to be able use my own images ... since I do graphics.

I use another dB app similar to Ninox and can copy/paste a .png or .jpg to use a customized dB icon as well as icons for dB Tables. Additionally, I can 'drag' an image directly into the icon placeholder, for both Database and dB Tables. These can be from either my computer or from the web. There are other things I'm not able to do with that app that I can do with the Ninox app- so I use them both.  

The ability to do what I've outlined above would be REALLY great!! (or at least be able to add more icons to the drop-down sheet you already provide). Thank you!! :-) Karen

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You don't copy images, you copy emojis like this:

⭐

🦊

Birger

• Karen_Estrada
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Got it, thanks! :-)  ... Emojis just don't always cut it ;-)   

I'm hoping that in the future we'll be able to subsititute our own icons/images (not emojis) especially for dB Tables? Would be really great! Karen

• dwiandi_gmailcom
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yes Karen I also hope the team can implement this feature to the app soon. This is a great application as it is easy to use and yet powerful enough. I guess there are a lot of designers out there that using this app and have the same need as we do. And I admit that the icons supplied are not good enough neither represent what we intent to show. Maybe we can help contribute to that if the Ninox team are willing to.

• Karen_Estrada
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I absolutely agree on all points! And would be more than happy to contribute in any way I can!

I think Ninox is a really great app for the reasons you mentioned and more, with very responsive support, and a really great, robust community of people who generously share their time and expertise!

A few things I've seen mentioned throughout the forum/community: User Documentation issues; the graphics/icons issue (being discussed in this thread); and (high on my 'wish list') the ability to use a choice field - dB-wide. Currently, I have/do employ the work-arounds for that (i.e. table duplications and relationships), however -- having that feature would be very, very helpful! 

Re: "Documentation", I don't know of one developer/designer who hasn't expressed frustration regarding user guides/documentation and the ability to keep them 100% up-to-date especially considering the pace of development - particularly for really good apps! The other challenge (in general), is a developer's ability to write documentation as the 'end user' and not 'as a developer/designer' ... but that's an entirely different conversation :-)

With regard to Ninox, I think it is very helpful that assistance/support is provided in a variety of ways (weekly webinars, screensharing appts, this forum, etc.). 

--- 

Hope everybody has a great weekend! ke

• Jorg
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dear Karen,

Thank you very much for your feedback and your help.

We are very happy to have such a great community which helps both the newcomers and the experienced users to make progress with Ninox. Thanks to you all!

We will do our best to keep the documentations as up to date as possible.

If you miss a certain function in the "Reference for language and functions" please let me know, I will add it as soon as I can.

Best, Jörg

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jörg,

% and numbers() come to mind 😬

Sean

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Note that you can use unicode symbols and emojis in fieldnames.

Birger

Content aside

• 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 18Replies
  • 5435Views