date format

How may I change the date display.

If I digit: 25/10/1949, I get: 25 genn 2010, Why?

11 replies

null
    • Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Franco,

Ninox takes the date format from it's environment. If you are using Ninox in the web browser, please change the country settings. In case of Ninox app, please set the date options in the system preferences.

Regards,

Sakshi-Ninox Support

• francoscarp
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sorry, but I do not understand! The system preferences for the dates are already correct for my Country (Italy).

In the Ninox app, I am not able to set any option about dates and I can't see any preference to change something

• Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Franco,

Please try to change your date settings in Mac,

System Preferences —> Language and region —> Advanced—> Dates—> Medium

The medium date setting defines how dates are interpreted in Ninox.

Regards,

Sakshi-Ninox Support

• francoscarp
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Nothing to do. OK I've changed in the system preferences the date medium format in 01/04/1976, but when I digit 25/10/1949 in the data base field for a date, the result is always: 25 gen 2010. Really it is it's exasperating

• snaprovmembership
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am a new user and found this frustrating too.   When I type the usual (US) date format mm/dd/yyyy  it comes out wrong.  if I type jan 1, 18  it comes out right. I checked my Mac system prefs and they seem fine.  Nothing I can do allows me to type mm/dd/yyyy and get the proper result.

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Are you using the ninox app or the browser version?

In the Ninox App the Apple system preferences for dates are used - specifically the "medium" settings.

In the browser the browser settings will apply - This could be language or country settings as well - depending on the browser and os. 

yyyy-mm-dd will allways work.

Birger

• rideau17ninox
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

it works for me, thank you

• akhilahughes
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have my browser set for Australia with the correct date format but the date format in Ninox is still US style.  For 3 May 2019, we format it: 3/5/19 or 03/05/2019.  however Ninox has 5/3/19 . To us this is 5 March.  Please help. I am setting up a project datebase so this will not work at all - disaster actually.

• Birger_H
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

What browser is this? under witch OS? Please send me a mail with details to support@ninoxdb.de

Birger

• Help Visa & Migration Services
    • RASHEED_QASIMI
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi guys, I had the same issue using the browser version. I changed the date format in Chrome and and it has changed the format in Ninox. 

Link on how to change date format in Chrome: https://help.gofmx.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001796651-Changing-Date-Format-to-dd-mm-yy

• jel888
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello,  asking a similar issue.  When I moify a template used in the webinar community "101_Project-KANBAN", which I'vev modified for my purposes.  I have changed all the fields to French (because I work on a French region, English language MacOS).  However, the GANTT view shows the "Hours, days, etc." tabs in English.  How do I change these?  I assume by field, but if not and it's automatic, then how do I change them?

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 11Replies
  • 5391Views