Dialog box from Update trigger

I cannot get a dialog box to popup if I put it in the 'Trigger After Update' script.  I can get an Alert to popup from there - but not a dialog.  I can copy/paste the same dialog into a formula or button and it works fine.

7 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Follow the logic in this thread. (disclaimer.. I have not tried it.. but seems like it should work). 

https://ninoxdb.de/en/forum/technical-help-5ab8fe445fe2b42b7dd39ee7/search-bar-with-button-5b74ecfd9efc8227533e7d42

• K_Gamble
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Interesting thread but I don't think it's related to my question.  I'm trying to get a dialog box to appear (to ask the user a question) when a certain condition is met on the form.  So - basically want to trigger a dialog box to appear from the 'trigger after update' option on the table (or on a specific field).

But when I put the dialog("a","a",["a","b","c"]) in a 'Trigger After Update' - it does not get triggered/appear.  But everything before and after it works - including Alert("a")

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

alerts and dialogs can not ne calles from "onUpdate" triggers.

Birger

• Database Consultant
    • Kirkness_Associates_Ju
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am looking to do the same - is it planned to allow alerts or dialogs from triggers? This is a very important part of any validation (letting the user know).

I assume, then, that the only option is to have an error field in the record which contains an error message and perhaps one or more buttons to take action. These could be made visible if the text in the erro field was not null?

• Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Julian,

Yes, using an error field in the record is the way to go. The error field can be highlighted using styled() function.

styled(text, colour, icon) - creates styled text elements. The icon is placed to the left of the text. Use "" for none, and the colour is the objects background
    |  styled("Attention", "red", "warn")

https://ninoxdb.de/en/manual/calculations/reference-of-functions-and-language

Regards,

Ninox

• Database Consultant
    • Kirkness_Associates_Ju
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm already doing this - I assume the reason this isn't possible is that the update triggers are processing on the server?

Would be nice to have though!!

• Thorn_Creative
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Another basic thing I have found that Ninox cannot do, for all it can do I am equally finding things I need that it doesn't have. :)

Guess with updates these things will come.

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 4256Views