Differences between Mac and Web app

Same database, but different results between platforms.

Mac app Summary view

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 13.26.09

Web app Summary view

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 13.26.36

Any ideas?

7 replies

null
    • Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I pressed the post button too early.

As you can see it adds the Revenue field correctly but not the Expenditure field correctly ...

The correct numbers are on Mac's app screen.

• BlairW
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm just guessing here, but two things I'd look into are:

1. Is the database in the Mac app properly synced? If it isn't and the 2 two versions of Ninox are looking at 2 different versions of the database, that could explain the difference.

2. Perhaps there's some sort of issue with a date range calculation in the expense formula field? If the date range is for some weird reason calculating differently between the 2 versions, the sum of the values across those date ranges would likely be different as well.

Again, just a couple of wild guesses. Please let us know what it turns out to be though.

Good luck!

• Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you Blair,

No, there is not syncing problem.

It's something with dates and I can't figure it out if it's my fault (browser date settings) or not.

I created a little test database with 5 records. Every record's date is the first date of the month.

The Ninox web app summarises the numbers 1 month back.

E.g. 1/1/2020 becomes 2019/12 and so on...

Please, anyone, take a look in the database

https://www.dropbox.com/s/io3uhvywq7ow4k0/Money%20Test.ninox?dl=0

• rogermcilmoyle
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've been working with dates significantly and they are buggy. In order to work around you have to explicitly ensure that the field does not contain a time component, or at least that has been my experience. 
    Use the update trigger to re-assign with date(year([fieldname]),month([fieldname]),day([fieldname])).
    You  will also find that in some cases a select statement where clause will evaluate differently than the same condition used against the array of the same select excluding the where clause when it comes to dates.... In that case once again strip the time aspect explicitly.  

• Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Roger

My field is Date.

Using your way to re-assign (Trigger after update) with your code: Date := date(year(Date),month(Date),day(Date)) ...

Date entered: 1/1/2020 - The result is 31/12/2019

Date entered: 28/2/2020 - The result is 27/8/2020

Date entered: 24/7/2020 - The result is 23/7/2020

Can someone Please download the example dtabase and see if he gets the correct summaries or not? See in my screenshots the results I get.

Thank you

• Roger_McIlmoyle
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Crazy isn't it ... 
    I almost have to think there is an odd timezone element hiding within 

• CISOFT_Sarl
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

with manipulation date field i have see the troobleshooting with winter or summer timezone, perhaps a way

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 1000Views