Display field if A or B is selected?

Hi Newbie here.

I have a table "Client Info" with a single select field "All Months".  Choices are All=1, January =2, February =3, March =4....

I have a subtable.

I want a field in the subtable to display if "All Months" is selected as All OR January.

In the "Only display if" the formula I'm trying every possible formula I can think of in the field, I want to display when All or January is selected, . Example formula I'm currently trying is: Only display if: 'Client Information'.'All Months' = 1 or 2

Depending on the formula I try, The end result is always the same, either the field always shows regardless of ANY choice selected, or the field only shows if one "All" or "January" is selected but doesn't show if EITHER of the two is selected.

Help!

4 replies

null
    • Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Does this work?

'Client Information'.'All Months' = 1 or 'Client Information'.'All Months' = 2

• Patrick.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for getting back to me. Very interesting, this works. Being a newbie I tried this formula but I used the visual editor which when converted to text has the added ( ) and it Didn't work:

('Client Information'.'All Months' = 1 or 'Client Information'.'All Months') = 2

I wonder why it' adds the ( ) which then doesn't work?

If you don't mind, can this be done with a multiple select choice but instead of =1 OR =2, it can be =1 AND =2?

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

A Multiple choice field works differently than a Choice field. You can see this by creating a Multiple choice field and a button with the script

alert('Multiple choice')

That way you can make various selections from the Multiple choice field and see how each is being stored by clicking the button. Unlike the Choice field which stores items by numeric id, the Multiple choice field appears to store them as text, or text separated by commas if multiple items are selected. So you will need to experiment to test various options.

• Patrick.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you for your help :)

Pat

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 804Views