Display Record Number

Does anyone know the formula for displaying the current record number? Not the "unique identifier".  Rather the number the of the record in the current view.

Thanks

7 replies

null
    • Tacho
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Nr

• MNA
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sorry, is that part if a larger formula?  Placing nr into a Formula Field soe not display any results. 

• Tacho
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sure it does. It displays the current record number:

Unbenannt

• MNA
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Clearly my lack of skill is showing. 

I created a new Formula field. Entered Nr in the formula. The record does not show in the table or the form after saving. 

If I remove the Nr from the formula but give the Formula field itself the name Nr, the field shows up but displays 0 for all records. 

I assume you are using a Formula field. Are you putting the Nr in the formula line by itself?

Thank you for your patience with me. I an a cideo editor, not a coder. (I’m learning though).  

• MNA
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Clearly my lack of skill is showing. 

I created a new Formula field. Entered Nr in the formula. The record does not show in the table or the form after saving. 

If I remove the Nr from the formula but give the Formula field itself the name Nr, the field shows up but displays 0 for all records. 

I assume you are using a Formula field. Are you putting the Nr in the formula line by itself?

Thank you for your patience with me. I an a cideo editor, not a coder. (I’m learning though).  

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It's automatically displayed in the far left column of Table View and Table with Form. In my screenshots you can see that it is independent of "Id" and updates if you change sort order.

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 2.16.13 PM

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 2.16.51 PM

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Only beware that this number is not fixed. When you do a cloud sync the numbers are altered depending on duplicates or not. You could alternatively create an unique idnumber yourself.

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 2524Views