Does Ninox support web forms?

Is it possible to implant a form on an external web page that when submitted will create a new record in Ninox?  If not, is there any way in Ninox to allow external users to create a record and submit information (text, email, photos)?

10 replies

null
    • Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This can be achived with our API or via Zapier. See here:

https://ninoxdb.de/en/manual/api/api-introduction

Birger

• David
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Birger, Zapier don't currently list Ninox. When I queried them I received the reply below (basically, they don't support apps that are still in development). So unless you have another idea, I'm stuck with creating my own API. Do you give any support or guidance on this?

FROM ZAPIER:

Hey David,

Rob here with support - thanks for reaching out to us! As you've mentioned Ninox isn't a public app. I'm afraid our support is extremely limited for Apps until they are publicly released. This isn't because we don't want to help. Rather it's because developers are still actively making changes, fixing bugs and adding features. This makes it extremely hard for us to offer any reliable advice when troubleshooting. So I'm a little limited on advising you on whether you can use a Zap to upload to a database created on that platform.

In regards to the question of a Trigger we do have integrations with several Form apps and you can see all of them here. https://zapier.com/apps/categories/forms

I believe Typeform allows users to upload files as does Wufoo, though you need to be on their paid plan to access those. Generally, we try not to recommend one partner App over another. But we can definitely let you know of any know limitations of a specific integration.

Of course, if you have any more questions in the future just let us know!

Have a great day ...

• David
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello, Birger, any ideas on this? Thanks!

• Laurent
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

that web form thing is very interesting… +1

• Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Access to Ninox via Zapier is still on invitation only. Please send a mail to support@ninoxdb.de to get early access to Ninox via Zapier.

Birger

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have a Wufoo/Zapier form that submits to a Ninox table creating a new record and saving it. It works fine, however, when I add code to send an email with a pdf attachment of the table's form printout. The attachement fails. If I attach the exact same code to a button and click it from within Ninox, the script works perfectly; the email is always sent and it always has the proper attachment.

This makes me think there is a rights issue. Is it possible to call the creation of a pdf and email it as an attachment from outside of Ninox?

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Westy .. when you say "when I add code to send an email with a pdf attachment of the table's form printout. The attachement fails" 

Where are you adding this code?   

What if you do not include the attachment.. just an email? 

Also.. you also say 

"If I attach the exact same code to a button and click it from within Ninox the script works perfectly; the email is always sent and it always has the proper attachment."

So that implies that you do not have any syntax / data issues.     

Are  you trying to put the same code in a trigger after create ?  If YES.. last I checked, triggers will not fire when creating objects via the API. 

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

>Where are you adding this code?<

To the "trigger after update" of the table.

The email is always sent, but the attachment is shown with no name and 0 bytes.

I just moved it to "trigger on create", but the results are the same.

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Westy... I was incorrect..  I just added a Wufoo form with Zap to my Ninox and the trigger on create DID fire.    Let me play around with the mail.. Never tried them from triggers.

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Wow.. this is a bit interesting ..  and not 100% scientific .. 

So.. I created an "Audit Log" table.. and I have an Incident table..   When I manually create a row within Incident.. the triggers fire as expected.. On Create .. then for each field I update Trigger after Update fires .. so three fields... means three calls to the Trigger After Update.. 

When I trigger it through Zapier ... The triggers fire out of order (at least based on the row ids within the Audit Log table..  

log

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 5204Views