FAQ

Ninox Profile
it has to be:
–––
CPT := if Procedure_Done="CRTP" then 1234 else 0
–––

Note the different possition of the "if" element.

Birger - Ninox Support
Ninox Profile
If you could send me a copy of the Ninox database you are working on (Main menu -> "Save Archvie as...") I'm sure that I can find a solution to your problem. -> support@ninoxdb.de

Birger - Ninox Support
C
Hello. I am loving this database on iPad. However there are a couple of things I can’t figure out how to do. 1) is there a way to create summary fields to do things like count how many females are in my people table? And then create a chart of men vs women? 2) how do you use the console in the ipad app. I can’t find any info on that.
C
I figured out the summary fields. I still don’t understand the console though. Thanks in advance.
Ninox Profile
Say you have a choice field with the options "Male" and "Female". Then try this:
- Create a new table view (click the (+)-Symbol next to the current view.)
- Click the column head of that choice field ans select "Group by"
- Select "Sum"

Birger - Ninox Support
Ninox Profile
The console allows you to check functions and formulars in a sandbox on the current database.
L
Greetings!

I would like to leave a suggestion for future updates, please. Is it possible to get an RTF Toolbar on the Activities field with more text format options, such as font size, indents or tabs, etc? The provided styles do not always change everything if text is pasted in.

Thank you!
Ninox Profile
Don't tell anyone but the Rich Text field is exactly that: A Rich Text field. You can copy/paste from any text editor to this field.

Birger - Ninox Support
Q
Auto Number Field with Input Mask

Below is formula code that can be used to create an Auto Number Field with an Input Mask (e.g., AG00001, AG00002, ... , AG00015). The number generation is built using the respective table's standard 'Id' field so there isn't any coding required to check for unique values.

Note, each Input Mask formula code will have limitations based on the number of records or 'Id' values within the respective table so this should be accounted for. If a limit is hit and causes issues, updates to the formula code can be made retroactively and will update all records.

Input Mask Requirements:

Prefix = "AG"
Number = "#####"

Formula Code:

if number(Id) < 10 then
"AG0000" + Id
else
if number(Id) < 100 then
"AG000" + Id
else
if number(Id) < 1000 then
"AG00" + Id
else
if number(Id) < 10000 then
"AG0" + Id
else
"AG" + Id
T
Hi,

I am wanting to get the database to display a field (called "indication") only if a certain choice is chosen in another field in the same table (field called "operation", choice "caesarean section"). For some reason I can'e work out what to write in the "display field only, if" box.

Many thanks for your help