FAQ

M
Alex:

Thank you. Certainly helpful, but this seems to be a PDF version of what is currently available online. There is no documentation of the v2.2.0 enhancements to the scripting language.

Also, having recently updated to iOS 11, Apple has turned on "Smart Punctuation" by default. (Settings->General->Keyboard). This interferes with scripting, as the "smart quotes" are not recognized. Users will need to turn this feature off to properly enter programming code. I see that Apple's Numbers has this automatically turned off, so that text can be entered with the standard ASCII quotes. Is it possible to have NINOX turn this feature off as well?

Regards,
Michael
Ninox Profile
Ninox will use the global settings as give by the Apple preferences. You'd have to turn of "Smart Punctuation" to have the annoyance go away.

Birger - Ninox Support
W
Can I duplicate an existing field? I have a multiple choice field, which has about 10 different choice values. And I wish to create some duplicates and change some of the field names. How can I duplicate a field?
Ninox Profile
You can duplicate a table. (Buttom left in table properties) You can specify witch fields to copy.

Birger - Ninox Support
W
That does not sound like what I am looking for. I just want to create a duplicate of a (field) within the same table. If Ninox can do that, please let me know, as it will help reduce a lot of redundancy in field creation. I would think this is a very basic function?
Ninox Profile
Its on our change request list - currently there is only the workaround described above.
K
Hi,
I have created a database that tracks work time shift details etc. I have entries for 'Start Time' and 'Finish Time' ( Data Type of Time) and calculated 'Shift Length' := 'Finish Time' - 'Start Time'.

My problem is I work a night shift so I get odd results e.g. start 18:00 and finish 02:30 so the calculation would be 02:30 - 18:00 and expect the answer to be 08:30. Can you give me any solutions to this.

Many thanks
C
Hi,
In the new version of ninox, the 2.2.0 you can create function.
I have tested this feature and i think is very nice.
I don't have problem with function without parameter, but i don't find or know how can put parameter to my function. When a put a parameter, the code editor tell me the : is required.
Any help for my first function with parameter in ninox?
Thanks
Robert
C
Hello,
Tray with datetime field. I have same problem, and i use datetime and now is ok.

sample:

let myDuration := format( dateTimeEnd-dateTimeSart , "HH:mm:ss" )

with dateTimeEnd and dateTimeSart field type DateTime.

Robert
Ninox Profile
Try this formula:
–––
'Shift Length' := if 'Start Time' <= 'Finish Time' then
'Finish Time' - 'Start Time'
else
time(24, 0) - 'Start Time' + 'Finish Time'
–––

Birger - Ninox Support