Form disappears with Escape key

When I'm in a form e.g. Invoice Form and hit escape key the content disappears. 

Is this a bug or a feature 馃お 

I'm on Ninox Mac App

16 replies

null
    • Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Nick,

I鈥檓 only speaking in general here... Usually, the Esc key implements a way to backup or cancel a process so that might be the case with Ninox.

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Backup = back out of. 馃槵

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Sean,

I think it's a bug since it does not make sense in the From View. 

For example, in the form editor screen that should cancel the process and close the window, Esc key does not work.

But let's wait for a response from the support.

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

From View = Form View. 馃槵

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ahhh!!

form editor = formula editor. 馃槵馃槵馃槵馃槵

• NIOXUS
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Nick -

Ninox form view is configured to layer one form on top of another as you drill down, through links, from table to table.  For example, a payroll table that is linked to a withholding table that is linked to an employee table allows the user to lay three forms on top of each other.  As clicking on a linked field takes you "down" deeper into the link path, the [Esc] key returns you "back to the top" one layer (or form) at a time.

Now if you only have one form being viewed on screen - which would be the form of the current table - hitting the [Esc] button will take you back to the default table view.  This is not a bug - it is a design structure of Ninox.

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks!

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

...but maybe I wasn't clear

NINOXUS wrote:

"hitting the [Esc] button will take you back to the default table view"

When you' re in a form view there isn't a default view...

Create a New View -> Form View. Go to this view and hit Esc. This is what happens:

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 13.47.58

• NIOXUS
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Nick - Keep in mind that the "default" view in Ninox is the currently selected view.  Within that view, all records that match any selection (filter) criteria are displayed.  This is relevant when you are looking at a view designed to display more than one record (list, Kanban, Card, etc.).  However, a form view, by definition, is designed to display one record from the current table at a time.  Thereofore if you are at the root (the "top of the stack" as it were) and you hit [Esc] again, then you are simply backing out of the current record.  You are still in the form view however and since forms can only display one record at a time and you have now backed out of that record, you are left with a blank screen.  In the scenario displayed in your screen snap above, if you select the (all) or Table view, you will likely see the records in the current table (which, in this case, is Test3).

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I see what Nick is saying now and it seems kind of pointless to back out of a screen that is showing a record to a screen that shows nothing. The Ninox team could easily catch this behavior and nullify the Esc keypress. On the other hand, don't press the Esc key. Just my two cents.

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    • NIOXUS
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Oh come on now Sean.  I appreciate the reference, but this is hardly a system-failure-to-perform sort of issue here.  

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

馃檮  It was a joke that played off of my comment about not pressing the Esc key. You are familiar with memes, right?

• NIOXUS
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Of course.

• Nick
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Okay guys, I found something in Ninox that I think needs to be fixed, that's all.

• NIOXUS
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This will be logged in the change list Nick.

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 16Replies
  • 3482Views