Hide an empty field in 'Print View'

Hi, 

I have an address that contains multiple fields. If I want to hide one of the fields that are empty in the `Print View' how do I do this.

For example, I have the fields 'Address Line 1' and 'Address Line 2'.

If only 'Address Line 1' has been entered, what formula is required to not display 'Address Line 2'. 

Thanks, Paul.

6 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Paul, 

Hmm.. I am not aware that you can set "visibility" rules in the print layout .. as you can in the forms..  I do not do much printing..  so I am interested in the reply as well.. 

As a work around.. You could build a formula to build an "address".. thus .. including line 2 if populated, else exclude it.. :) 

• paulgardeneruk
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for the reply.

You mention building an address. I found an old post regarding creating an address block, that removes line breaks: (https://ninoxdb.de/en/forum/technical-help-5ab8fe445fe2b42b7dd39ee7/creating-an-address-block-from-different-fields-5cf46a93cdd5bd2503245b15)

This could work, as the address block field could be added to the print layout?

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Paul.. 

Yes.. that should work..   Wow.. I forgot I posted that.. LOL.. 

• paulgardeneruk
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just tested and it does work. Thank you!

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

At A Boy Paul!

Give a person a fish.. they eat for a day .. 

Teach a person to fish....... ;) 

• Jorg.1
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My current "workaround" to not see empty fields in the PDF and if they are filled with a prepended text and final line break is:

let LineBreak := "
    ";
    let InvoiceDateLabel := if text('Invoice Date') = "" then
    ""
    else
    "Invoice Date: " + 'Invoice Date' + LineBreak
    end;
    InvoiceDateLabel

the second "" after "then" is used to check the field "Invoice Date" ... the whole thing can be done with less lines of code.

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 1533Views