How can Use multiple choice field to select specific data from another table

If a speaker has just Talk numbers 55, 68, 71, 175 in a table called "speakers" using the multiplechoice field,

How do I use these numbers only to select  from another table ['talk outlines'] 

By using the command ‘contains’ to search the multiple choice array 'chosen talk numbers' in the speaker table, this also include these unlisted talks for this speaker.

1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 17, 75

as you can see the digits above contain these numbers even though they are double digit form.

I Use this formula in the constraints option when pulling up the table, 'talk outlines'.

here is my formula _____________________________________________________________________________________

let c := a.Speaker.'Chosen Talk numbers';   {this is the multiple choice field containing                                                                               the selected talk numbers for each speaker}

let a := text(b.'T#');    {The ‘T#’ field is just a number assigned to the title of each talk in                                         the ‘talk outlines’ table.}

contains(c, a)

______________________________________________________________________________________

Is there anyway of just listing the relevant talk numbers for each speaker only when pulling up the table ['talk outlines']?

thanks for any help. Been driving me mad, as I think it is possible.

null

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 1195Views