How do I add log-in security to a Ninox Database?

I'm using the desktop Mac version. Manual has a section on users and permissions but is starts by referencing the "main menu". Which/where is this?  I can't find a menu with an invite function so I'm stumped from step 1.

Michael

6 replies

null
    • blackie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Users and permissions requires Ninox Cloud. You could create a trial account if you want to try it out.

• michael.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Actually the desktop version suits my current needs well except for needing to set a log-in. I don't need users/permissions, just a password to open the file. How can do that?

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

We already have added this feature in our list of requested features. We hope to release it in one of our upcoming versions. Thank you for your patience.

• sushil_kumarp
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This would be required since anybody who opens the mac can access the ninox database. At least a login for an admin user would help. ALso is there an upcoming feature list available

• blackie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Wouldn’t each user on the Mac have thier own,  separate  DBs?

If the DB is stored on iCloud, each user will need access to that iCloud account.

i would like the password for the iPad version where there isnt really multiple users. Sometimes i let my kids use my ipad. 

you could use the new trigger on open in 2.5.0 to create something password like.

• blackie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Here is an idea for a poor mans version of a PIN code protection for a DB. it is used in "Trigger after open".

let passcode := "1234";
    let enteredCode := "";
    while passcode != enteredCode do 
    let response := dialog("Enter Passcode", enteredCode, ["0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "10"]);
    if response = 10 then
    enteredCode := ""
    else
    enteredCode := enteredCode + response
    end
    end

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 3299Views