How do I find the storage address of an image / copy image outside of Ninox ?

I have a “Photo” image field and I would like to be able to share it outside Ninox, either by exporting it or via API REST.

When I do that, I just have the name of the image: “G1812/Jacques 3.jpeg ”.

What I would like is the full address: https://dbdeXXXXX.ninox.com/XXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/files/download/G1812/Jacques%203.jpeg

How can I find this address and use it outside of Ninox?
Or any other way to share an image outside of Ninox?

10 replies

null
    • Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Already tried the hamburger icon in the imagefield where you have an option : Share this file...

With this you can create a url to that image.

Steven

• Ninox developper
    • Jacques_TUR
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you Steven. 

Share this file is manual option. I’am looking for solution with code or automatique for all records. 

Jacques

• Sean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    • Ninox developper
    • Jacques_TUR
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    • UweG
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Jacques.
    This solution need an Ninox API-Key.
    In the 0001_Ninox-Reference is an example (Nr. 21) in table “Praxisbeispiele/Examples” which shows, how to calculate the Sharelink automaticly.
    You only have to put the ShareLink-ID once to the global function.
    The link in the example refers to a demo.

• Ninox developper
    • Jacques_TUR
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks UweG. Sorry, i“m new in Ninox and I dotn know where I can found ” 0001_Ninox-Reference is an example (Nr. 21)“. Could you help me again ?

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jaques,

Do you have a cloud subscription? I can invite you to the Webinar DE 2020 team where you will find that Reference table and alot of other examples.

Or you can create a free trial subscription to get access for 1 month.

All I need is your Ninoxaccount-email to send you an invite.

Steven.

• extremelee38
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rosoft,

I believe I have the same question. I am using Ninox on the IPAD, I have also started a free trial of ninox on my laptop PC. I have created a database that has an image field. The database allows me to hand the Ipad to an applicant at a job fair and they enter their data and take a picture of thier resume. I can see the pics of the resumes in the table but I can not figure out how to then export the table with images to a PC. What is the best way for me to send you my Ninoxaccount-email?

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There's this new function introduced in Ninox version 3.4.0 to get the shared URL of images or files.

shareFile(ID,STRING or IMAGEFIELD)

Parameters :

ID = Record ID (this)
    STRING = Name of the file incl. file extension
    IMAGEFIELD = Name of the imagefield

examples:

shareFile(this,"Butterfly.jpeg") ➤ Result: https://share.ninox.com/1x3fy22rpt6xmzixpu3tatwxzzzy2cdge6rzf
    shareFile('My Image') ➤Result:https://share.ninox.com/uutqp3nakjy7uqka7sjhtmc1n1ku6sg3iw6t

You can use this in a button like this: (first make a URL-field, in my example called ImageLink and the table is called Clients)
    I also make a loop to get all the links filled from the table at once.

for i in select Clients do
    i.(ImageLink := i.shareFile(Picture))
    end

Now, if you print the records to PDF (with the URL-field included), you can click in the PDF the Link to display the Image where you can download it if nessesary.
    Or make a shared view of the table where you also have all the images and the links.

All of the above only works with a cloud version and the tables must be in a team (not in the tab 'My databases').

Steven

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Here's the latest Ninox manual:

https://docs.ninox.com/en/

Steven

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 1261Views