How to update student grade at a certain date?

Hi, I want to update the student grade at a certain date automatically, such as 7/1 every year. So I use "trigger after update" at the "grade."
And the formula is:
if date(7, 1, 2019) < today() then
Grade + 1
else
Grade + 0
end
But it didn't work, and I want to know how to change the formula or is there another way to achieve this goal? Thank you!

4 replies

null
    • Ivan_Savochenko
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Ariana,

As for your formula.

• First of all, the parameters order in date() function should be (year, month, day).
    • Second thing to fix: to increment variable use var := var + 1.
    • Third: you don't need use the else section here.

So your formula could look like

if date(2019, 7, 1) < today() then
    Grade := Grade + 1
    end

But! There is a logical mistake. After Day D happened, each time you'll refresh the view your Grade will increment.

I think you should solve this like you do in real life. So you may take it as an age from the date someone became a student:

Grade := age(admissionDate) + 1

• Arizona State University
    • Luke_McGuire
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello, I'm an Adjunct Instructor of Business Administration at Heidelberg University and I have created a DB of students. How can I update student grade, if some students recieve group grades (for certain tasks)? I mean that all students from a certain group will have the same grade for a particular assignment. The students are divided into 4 groups (sometimes 5, for social projects). How do I manage that? 

Ninox Database FAQ> Formula to use trigger after update for a 5 days reminder to hire essay writer

• myassignmenthelp
    • Adom_Smith
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Need assignment help in Australia? <a href="https://www.myassignmenthelponline.com">myassignmenthelp</a>

provides the best assistance with your assignments at affordable prices. Our assignment experts are professionals in providing quality assignment writing service.

• myassignmenthelp
    • Adom_Smith
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Need assignment help in Australia? myassignmenthelp 

provides the best assistance with your assignments at affordable prices. Our assignment experts are professionals in providing quality assignment writing service.

https://www.myassignmenthelponline.com

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1896Views