Import issue

I have a csv file and on import via wizard the new database does not show all the fields for me to map to from the csv?

4 replies

null
    • Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Try to import without creating a table first - select "import to a new table" in the import assistent.

Birger

• rprevereau
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I just bought the desktop version 2.6.2 of Ninox a few days ago and I'm having the same problem. When trying to import csv files, only one field appears in the field selection window among all those I had to create to ensure the relational aspect of my old FileMaker databases would work properly (as stated in the manual). Unless there's another way to create relations after having imported the data, importing into a new empty table is not a solution, for me anyway.

Since my trial of Ninox Cloud is still running, I decided to import into Ninox Cloud an archive of the database I had created on my Mac and try it from there. Surprise: it all worked perfectly well! All the fields appeared and the data imported correctly. I tried it again with another database and faced the same issue.

My questions: 1) Is there a bug with importing tables into Ninox's desktop version? 2) Is this a know issue that will soon be fixed or will I have to rush the conversion of my numerous databases before my trial of Ninox Cloud expires?

Raynald Prévèreau

• Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Raynald, 

Please check the import setting in first dialogue after you have chosen your file. Probably you need to change the character set and/or the separator.

Best Jörg

• rprevereau
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you Jörg! Oddly enough, the separator was indeed set to semicolon instead of comma. Made the change and everything works fine. Many thanks!

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1742Views