is it possible to copy a view?

I find the possibilities of formatting a view have improved hugely since the last version update. Now I have a luxure problem: I would like to create multiple views that differ just a little bit. If you have to build them from scratch it cost a lot of extra work (what you already did). Is there a way to copy a view, rename it and modify from that point? 

15 replies

null
    • Tacho
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

unfortunately not, but i also really would appreciate it!

• chuckhoffman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I would really like that feature, too!

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

When you say "formatting a view"... are you refering ot the layout element view?   the form view?   the table view? 

layout

• herman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you for asking Mr. Mconneen. Primarly the form view and the table view. I haven't used the layout element view yet. But propably I think it would be very convenient to be able to copy that one too! (but you already can if you can form and table view?). 

I started this conversation because, producing a 'perfect view' can be timeconsuming. Versions should be tested before release. If you want to add, modify or remove elements or code parts it would be very helpful if you can compare behaviour of different versions side by side. Copy one view version, change it and check the improvement, or roll back if it doesn't deliver what you wanted to happen. 

• Sean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I might be missing something here, but you can import an existing Data Model from another Ninox database and the existing form view will be copied with that import.

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Sean..  Hmm.. Ya know.. I never really paid attention to that feature.   Works great to do development in a local database.. then update the target! 

• herman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hmm indeed... Does this mean this procedure does not work with online Ninox version? I can find any functionality for export  / import of the data model?

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Herman... it is a feature of the Mac and iPad app.  Not the Ninox Cloud.

import

• Choices_Software_Dean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I see import/export from within the Ninox Cloud.

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Westy .. Yes.. but that is the data...  Using the Ninox App (mac of iPad).. you can import "data model" without the data.. basically the table structure .. associated forms / views.. etc.  Or at least from the one try .. that is what happend.. :) 

• herman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Mconneen, Thank you for showing where to find. It will work and save a lot of typo work when producing and testing different versions. I would still like to vote to add "view copying" on the ninox cloud release list in the near future!

@Westy, data import / export was not the question I posted. It is about the development of views.

• Sean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@herman, The Import function is how you get to Data Model which allows you to copy the Form View. That's why it was being discussed.

• LoResah
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi everyone, this discussion is from 2 years ago, is there any improvement ? It's a real pain if you have a view with a lot of fields.

• Mel_Charles
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

yes you can copy table veiws etc.

Hightlight the veiw. then press the plus in the view listing and give it a new name. this create a new view with all the info from the one you started with.

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 08.51.53

• LoResah
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yes but the initial question about copying a table and keeping the views intouched. Currently when I copy a table I lose the formatted views.

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 3882Views