Is it possible to hide Multiple Choice values that are not ticked/selected?

Hi. I have a field which is Multiple Choice with a lot of selections in it. To make it easier to see the selected items, is it possible that you can use a formula to hide the values from the Multiple Choice field that are not ticked/selected and only show the values that have been ticked/selected?

Many Thanks
Peter

10 replies

null
    • Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You can use a formula field to show wich choises are chosen if that's more suitable for you.

Just put that fields name in the formula and you get a list of the selected items.

Steven.

• Home
    • Peter_Johnson
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you Steven for your reply.

That is excatly what I am after and also it is in the Switch format as well as I originally planned. The only downside is that the "selected items" are cut off as they are on the original Multiple Choice field, but on the Multiple Choice you can scroll horiziontally through all the items. But on the Formula field, there is sadly no scroll facility and cannot see all the selected options as they are cut off.

Peter

• Sean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You can use the html() function to enable scrolling. You lose the Switch formatting, but that could probably be added with some CSS tweaking.

html("
    <style>
    .horiz-scroll {
      overflow-x: scroll;
      overflow-y: hidden;
      white-space: nowrap;
    overflow-x: scroll;
    }
    .horiz-scroll::-webkit-scrollbar {
       display: none;
    }
    </style>
    <div class=""horiz-scroll"">" + YourMCField + "</div>
    ")

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Try this: 

join(chosen('Multiple choice'),"
    ")
    in a formula field. Also make sure the hight of that field is high enough.

Steven.

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ps: you can scroll in that formula field also.

• Home
    • Peter_Johnson
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Morning Steven. Thank you once again.

I have created a new Formula field and copied and pasted the above two lines and replaced 'Multiple Choice' by the actual field name "Categories". It sadly now displays as seperate words and does not scroll. Just wondering where I have gone wrong?

Peter

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Does the code consist of 2 lines as above? Because between the two " there is a hard return to get another line in the result.
    Steven.

• Home
    • Peter_Johnson
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've soted it thanks Steven by your comment about height. Is it possible to change the background tag colour (which is currently grey) to something like blue? When I click the Background Colour, it changes the main box window and not the tag background.

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

In order to het the tags the color, you must assign the color in the multiple choise ( buttons) field itself. But if jou use the join method, you can use the style configuration of the formula field. 

• Home
    • Peter_Johnson
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for all your help Steven. It's much aprechiated!

Peter

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 3269Views