Is there a way to get a checkbox to look and act like a checkbox in the TABLE view?

I just want to check off the item that was done without having to go to the attached form. Apple Reminders is an example of how this works.

7 replies

null
    • SMoore
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It is not possible, though a great suggestion. I will add it to the change request

• chuckhoffman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I would like this feature, too. I would use it often.

• Emanuel_Neubert
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for your feedback. We will consider it.

Emanuel

• SMoore
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have it on the Chanfe Requests database already. See CR#1206

• chuckhoffman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

In order make the checkbox field type act like a real checkbox, here is something to consider:

A checkbox should have two states:

1. Checked
    2. Unchecked

A paper form with a checkbox has these two states. The Checkbox field in Ninox has three states:

1. Checked (value is "Yes")
    2. Unchecked (value is "No")
    3. Not Specified (value is null)

This causes confusion, since expressions cannot simply query for "No", because a query for items that are not checked must include a check for "No" and for null.

My thought is that a checkbox field should be a different type of field from a Yes/No field, and have only two states.

• SMoore
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You can do that by making it required, and setting the default value to No (or Yes)

• whydavewhy
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am having the same problem. I am requestign this feature also. It is much easier visually, to look at items that have a check and items that do not have a check, instead of looking at hundreds of "Yes" and "No" entries. This is a standard feature on most spread sheets, like Excel and Apple's Numbers.

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 2674Views