Linked tables and slide-in forms

Ninox Profile

I've set up three tables: LEADERS, IMAGES and STORIES.

The links to and from are set up like this:

ONE leader to a choice of image records

ONE story to a choice of image records

ONE leader to a choice of stories

This works - except that it's a loop and can generate a potentially infinite number of new forms sliding in. Is there any way to prevent this? I'm trying to facilitate an editing workflow where a leader and the associated stories and images are all easy to reach.

I could remove the link between STORIES and IMAGES, but then the images for a given story could only be accessed by going via the LEADER table. 

Advice appreciated. Thanks!

Ninox Profile

David.. are you looking for something like this?? 

A Leader may upload 0-N images..   From the images that a Leader has uploaded.. they may asign an image to 1-N Stories.. 

Leaders

Ninox Profile

Sorry.. technically that is a Leader would assign an image to 0-N stories. 

Ninox Profile

Yes, I think that's it. I just don't know how to write the formula in the formula field. And can the image be assigned from Images to Leader?

Ninox Profile

David... Check out the Story form on the database I provided in the team.. Is this what you are after? 

let imageId := number(Image.Id);
let i := (select Image)[Id = imageId];
i

I create a "view" that pulls the associated image.. 

myNinoxStory

Ninox Profile

Michael that's close, but it looks like your solution targets a particular image? What I'm really after here is a formula field in the LEADER record that will automatically display whatever image happens to be PIC 1 in the assigned IMAGES record. I don't know how to code that query. Rest of the database is shaping up well. Thanks for your help!

Ninox Profile

I have that already on the leader form.

Ninox Profile

Can you send the link again, please? 

Ninox Profile

I think I've resolved this. Thanks!

Ninox Profile

I emailed you the database direct. 

1 2