Location of data file?

J

Sean,

I know this is an old thread but I'm seeing the same thing as Fred. When I "go to Folder" in Finder and paste the path you shared, after updating my username, it goes to the empty folder that Fred referenced.Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 13.07.38

J

I drilled down in Terminal and found the same thing. Empty folder, but at least the folder name matches what you linked:

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 13.20.58

J

Apparently, the storage location for Ninox files in iCloud was put in the most convoluted path humanly possible. I'm not sure if this is a product of Ninox devs or what, but considering everything now has access to "iCloud Files," having it coded to store files in a path like this makes zero sense. Also, only being able to get to your actual Database files via terminal is problematic for the average Mac user. This is the location of my most recently accessed database stored in iCloud.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 19.17.00

Ninox Profile

Jess,

I don't know what to tell you about not being able to find anything in that folder other than contact support and see if they can help. This is what I get...

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.00.28 PM

I never found the path to the iCloud Ninox documents so thanks for sharing. It definitely doesn't show up in Finder. I think it's an Apple thing not Ninox because Documents by Readdle is set up similarly.

J

Sean,

I think I ultimately figured it out. I think it ONLY stores in the path that you shared if you choose Local when you create the database. If you choose iCloud, it goes into the convoluted path that you can only access via Terminal. All of my Databases are iCloud as I intended to be able to use them via my iPad. However, the iPad version of Ninox is pretty horrible and doesn't scale to the screen size properly on my iPad Pro, so I binned that idea for now. 

Ninox Profile

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 11.25.51 PM

Yes, that makes total sense. Most of my databases are local. I can't believe I didn't catch that!

J

Sean,

It's ok man. I didn't catch the fact that mine WERE iCloud until way too deep into digging. =) 

1 2