Logical expression not working

I have a field "Groundschool Kit" that is either empty, 'Yes', 'No', or 'Already bought'. I have a 2nd field (text) that I want to show if "Groundschool Kit" = "Already bought". I did the expression both in visual and text modes and it shows no errors, yet it will not show the text field when "Already bought" is selected.

The exact expression is: 'Groundschool Kit' = "Already bought"

4 replies

null
    • Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

text('Groundschool Kit') = "Already bought"

Steven

• CitrusKiwi Web Solutions LLC
    • Ian_Shere
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks Steven - perfect. Why does Ninox not insert the text(...) in either way of building the expression (I didn't see that explained in the documentation either)? Surely the purpose of a point-and-click setup is to help dummies like me! :-)

• Sean
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You can find it here, https://ninox.com/en/manual/calculations/reference-of-functions-and-language

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 7.11.56 PM

My guess is the developers wanted to give users the choice of using either the item's Id or the item's value. The Id's are like record Id's in that they are unique and are not reused so if you deleted and item or rearrange the sort order you'll need to keep that in mind. This...

"Use number(text(choice)) to get a numeric representation of the choice’s text."

...only applies if the choices are numeric. That might seem obvious, but not the way they worded it.

Finally, interesting observation... I added a test Choice field to a table with choices "Choice 1", Choice 2"..."Choice 5". I deleted "Choice 4" and then added a new "Choice 4", which now has an Id of 6, and tried to move it above "Choice 5". In both the Mac app and browser version, I can't move "Choice 4" directly before "Choice 5". I can move it before all of the other choices except "Choice 5". This is the same behaviour many users have experienced when trying to reorder tables on the left. 🙄

• CitrusKiwi Web Solutions LLC
    • Ian_Shere
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you!

Content aside

• 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 380Views