Ninox Version Number

How do I find my current version number of my Ninox database. I click "about", and it takes me to the Ninox Webpage.

5 replies

null
    • sarahjones9051
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've also faced the same problem that I couldn't find the current version number of the Ninox database. I searched on [url=https://mailhelp.net/hotmail-support/]Hotmail Support[/url] for getting a solution, but it is all in vain. I couldn't find any exact solution. if anybody has some suggestion, drop it here. 

• sarahjones9051
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've also faced the same problem that I couldn't find the current version number of the Ninox database. I searched on https://mailhelp.net/hotmail-support/ for getting a solution, but it is all in vain. I couldn't find any exact solution. if anybody has some suggestion, drop it here.

• Support
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Please check on the appstore if an update is available. Or go to your applications folder an right-click on Ninox and pick information. The version number is displayed here.

• UKenGB
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

An old thread but I had the same question.

Now, I have to ask whether the Ninox developers have ever used any other Mac applicaton and grasped the concept of consistency with standard interface features. EVERY Mac application should place a menu of its own name (simply Ninox would be best, drop the 'Database' part) just next to the Apple menu and the first menu item should be 'About (insert app name)' and this should open a dialog which contains at least the app's version. It's not rocket science.

Ninox is a good app and is proving extremely capable and useful, but why do they fall down on the basics like this.

• zenmom
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

In a different thread, I found this solution which works if you've installed Ninox for Max locally on your computer:

1.  In Finder, open the Applications folder.
    2.  Command-click on the Ninox app.

You should now see info for that app. Depending on the size of your screen, you may need to scroll down to see the version number, as it's the last item on the list.

I agree with other posters that such a great program as Ninox should do a little better about following Mac basic standards. I was surprised when I clicked on the name of the program in the menu bar, and didn't see the expected "About Ninox" item at the top of the drop-down menu. It tends to make the program look less professional.

I also agree that the displayed name of the program ought to be just "Ninox", not "Ninox Database". Other database programs aren't named "FileMaker Database" or "MySQL Database". Again, just makes this fine app look a little less professional. (Also, as a retired tech writer, I can add that any time you remove a word and the meaning is still clear, that's a win!)

Content aside

• 1 yr agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 2101Views
  • 1 Following