Prevent record pop-ups when clicking the view table or a subtable

When clicking on a row of a view table or a subtable, respective record pops. Is it possible and if so - how? - not to have this effect? I.E. clicking on the view table does not do anything. This feature would help in designing a dashboard for users that have no need to alter any data.

5 replies

null
    • Sean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I don't think that is possible with a View layout element or Table Reference yet. If you have access to the Webinar EN 2020 team there is an example database, HTML Tricks, that has a table named Custom Table View. It uses the html() function in a Formula field to create a table view.

• BHoldings, LLC
    • Matthew_Billix
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

BUMP!  This would be REALLY useful.

But until this feature is offered...

Sean, where can I access Webinar EN 2020 and its materials (specifically the example database "HTML Tricks")? 

You short two sentences helped me out a lot.   After reading this, "I don't think that is possible with a View layout element or Table Reference yet,"  I realized how powerful Ninox forms are. I didn't realize that there were more options for inputting data than simply using fields... I looked at the Layout Element types (chart, tab, view, etc)... they are pretty amazing.  Although both elements can be dragged onto a form and be configured to display a table like structure, as of 3/21 it is STILL not possible to prohibit either one from opening the selected sub-record in an expanded view :/

So, for that reason, I am very interested in documentation for the HTML() fucntion.  Tried googling NINOX to find documentation on it, but found nothing except this thread again.  Can you please point me in the right direction to learn how to use that function? (Perhaps access to the Webinar EN 2020 team folder :) 

• BHoldings, LLC
    • Matthew_Billix
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

BUMP!  This would be REALLY useful.

But until this feature is offered...

Sean, where can I access Webinar EN 2020 and its materials (specifically the example database "HTML Tricks")? 

You short two sentences helped me out a lot.   After reading this, "I don't think that is possible with a View layout element or Table Reference yet,"  I realized how powerful Ninox forms are. I didn't realize that there were more options for inputting data than simply using fields... I looked at the Layout Element types (chart, tab, view, etc)... they are pretty amazing.  Although both elements can be dragged onto a form and be configured to display a table like structure, as of 3/21 it is STILL not possible to prohibit either one from opening the selected sub-record in an expanded view :/

So, for that reason, I am very interested in documentation for the HTML() fucntion.  Tried googling NINOX to find documentation on it, but found nothing except this thread again.  Can you please point me in the right direction to learn how to use that function? (Perhaps access to the Webinar EN 2020 team folder :) 

• Sean
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Matthew,

You can contact support and request an invitation to the Webinar team. You can find the reference for commands and functions here...

https://ninox.com/en/manual/calculations/reference-of-functions-and-language

There isn't much in the way of examples for the function in the documentation, but you can find some examples in the forum and also in the Webinar team. The html() function accepts most HTML and CSS plus you can use some Javascript. I think the Javascript implementation is sandboxed. For example, you can use it to paste to the clipboard, but I haven't managed to copy from the clipboard.

• BHoldings, LLC
    • Matthew_Billix
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey Sean, thanks so much for you speedy reply, and for you contribution with Ninox!

Will do as you suggested and hope to reply soon with my findings!

Matt

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 1199Views