Printing?
Ninox Profile

Seems so hard to get a print layout. Is there a way to create a form that can be used to print? I see either a list print view, or a one page per record print view.

Ninox Profile

In the form print preview you can drag a view element onto the form that will allow you to print a list containing multiple records. You can also create multiple print previews by adding tabs at the top of the print preview screen.

Ninox Profile

Can you explain this a bit more please? "In the form print preview you can drag a view element onto the form that will allow you to print a list containing multiple records." What is the form print preview, and where do I get an element to drag onto it? Is there a video showing this?

I do see the tabs now, and I will work on that method. Is there a way there to print more than one record per page with a tab layout?

Ninox Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FA5-uMV8u8

It will take about hour and twenty minutes out of your day.

Ninox Profile

See free Nioxus video "Creating Reports in Ninox and Printing Embedded Views":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FA5-uMV8u8

It is long, but it will open a whole new world.

Ninox Profile

Sean, we both submitted the exact same link at the same time. :-)

Ninox Profile

Dean, I thought you might post the link. I guess I should have been more patient  ;-)

Ninox Profile

Thanks. I will watch. Andy does like to make LONG videos!

Ninox Profile

I watched Andy's video. Extremely helpful. Did need to take a few breaks, and a nap! Anyway, thanks Andy and thanks here for the link.

Question: Andy shows creating code to print the current record and save it to his desktop. I created a button with the code. It works, but mine printout opens directly in my PDF app. How do I make it save to the desktop?

Ninox Profile

I haven't watched the whole video, but I did find a point in the video where he saves to the desktop. What pops up when he clicks on the button is his PDF app. It has a folder list on the left side and prompts him to save the file. My PDF app (PDF Expert) does the same thing yours does so I think it has more to do with the default PDF app.

1 2