Printing Report - 1 Element in a Many-to-Many relationship

I have a letter that I print using the information from my database. This particular letter is to a parent of a student. Since the student can have more than 1 parent and more than 1 student can have the same parent(s) I have a many to many relationship. When I enter the elements on the letter, if a student has two parents in the database only one letter is printed, but it contains both parent information in the same letter. For example (Dear Mr.Ms. MaloneMalone). I tried to add an checkbox to each parent record called "primaryContact" and then limit it using the expression [primaryContact=true] but it says it does not return multiple results. Is there any way to either print two letters (one for each parent) or restrict it to a specific parent of my choice? Thank you for your help in advance.

4 replies

null
    • Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Try using the item() function, ie, item(table.field, index #). There was a recent thread where I was able to separate the records using this function instead of select().

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I did test it in print layout mode and it works with the reference fields. I added a formula to the print layout and used this as my formula...

{item(Vendor.Name, 0) + "
    " + item(Vendor.Address, 0) + "
    " + item(Vendor.City, 0) + ", " + item(Vendor.State, 0)}

0 represents the first record, 1 the second and so on.

• Dean_Nelson
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Awesome.  Thank you

• Dean_Nelson
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This worked perfect.  

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 1630Views