Production Planner - Gantt view by day, est/actual production shown per day on the view

I have a tricky one, and I'm not sure if its feasible in Ninox. Figured I'd get some opinions before I spend too much time on it.

I need to build a production planner. We currently use an excel file. Its just up similar to a gantt chart.

We have several machines (1 machine per row) which will have many jobs over the course of its life. Each machine can only perform 1 job at a time - this is where the gantt view comes in (start and end date of job).

Where it gets complicated is that each day we put an estimated production, and then at the end of the day we update it to show the actual production (putting in the estimate allows us to guage how long the job will take - which we view as a bar graph, which then gets updated with actual for historical data).

On excel we're able to see that estimated/actual on the gantt chart.

I'm thinking, to achieve this in Ninox, I would have a field per machine. Then a sub table which will contain all the jobs with their start and finish dates. Then, I was thinking I might be able to caculate the number of days between start/finish and use that to create that number of records (bonus if I can figure out how to have the data auto-filled). I would then have a field to enter the estimated/actual production amount for that day.

I haven't been able to figure out if I could then have that display on the gantt chart though. And I would preferably like all jobs for a machine displayed on the same line.

2 replies

null
    • SECOS Group
    • quartz_cap
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just an update. We don't need to see the production capacity in the gantt view. But, what we do need is to see all a machines jobs on one line.

• Jorg
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dear Sarah,

That would be a good question for our webinar and it would be nice if you could bring it up there.

Thank you very much.

At our Ninox webinar tips and tricks will be presented in the first 30 minutes, the remaining 90 minutes will be used for a live support where the participants' concerns will be solved. 

You can register here for the webinar, which takes place every Tuesday at 18 o'clock CEST: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zoSk2qyNSz6vLRFF1zlakg

Kind regards, Jörg

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 1669Views