Quotes automatically inserted around text fields when copying and pasting

Hi, 

I have a table with a multiline text field. When I copy that field for multiple records (highlight the field across multiple records and press ctl c) and paste (ctl v) that field into a document, quotation marks (") are automatically placed around each record. Is there a way to prevent those from being added? Below is an example of two records. 

I want:

('900187', '<h2 class=""section-title no-top-padding hide-in-ajax-context"">', 'Announced Reports', 'Published Reports', 'Empty', 'Standard'), 
('900186', '<h2 class=""section-title no-top-padding hide-in-ajax-context"">', 'Announced Reports', 'Published Reports', 'Empty', 'Standard'), 

But I get: 

"('900187', '<h2 class=""section-title no-top-padding hide-in-ajax-context"">', 'Announced Reports', 'Published Reports', 'Empty', 'Standard'), "
"('900186', '<h2 class=""section-title no-top-padding hide-in-ajax-context"">', 'Announced Reports', 'Published Reports', 'Empty', 'Standard'), "

Note the quotes at the beginning and end of each entry: is there a way to prevent those from appearing when I copy and paste out of a table?

Thank you

3 replies

null
    • Venture to Market LLC
    • Jay_Holman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I figured out that if I query the table from the console, I don't get those quotes. So, I'd like to program a button to automatically run that query in the console, but I can't figure out how to do that. I know how to use a button to open a table view or go to a record, but I don't know how to go to the console and run a query from a button - is that possible?

Or, is there another type of window I can have pop up with the results of the query? I tried an alert, but I can't highlight and copy text from an alert.

Thank you

• Sean
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You can use the same query in a formula field and you won't get the double quotes. I would create a new table and put the formula there so it's not duplicated across all records in the source table.

• Venture to Market LLC
    • Jay_Holman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Creating a new table was a good idea, thanks - that approach works well

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 906Views