Results from Choice Field in If Then Else Formula

Ninox Profile

I have a Choice Field set up with 5 selections.  I want to use the result of the selection in the Choice Field in an If Then Else formula.  When I place the text result of the Choice Feild selection in the If Then Else statement, it does not recognize it (I assumed the result is text not numeric.  How do I propertly enter the Choice Field result so that it is recognized in the formula?

Ninox Profile

If I'm understanding you correctly, you would use the number not the text. So if your choice field selections were fruit: Apples-1; Oranges-2; Grapes-3; Bananas-4 , Kiwi-5 ... you would then enter the number representing each in your formula. **Remember if you delete one completely ... (e.g. Apples-1) but then change your mind and re-add Apples, it would be number 6 and you would have to edit your formula accordingly (replacing #1 with the #6.... otherwise it won't work :-) -- If you change the order of your choices,  - put grapes-3 before oranges-2,  "Oranges" will still remain #2 and grapes, #3. (Forgive me if you already know that part and I've 'over-explained' it ... ) ke

Ninox Profile

Thanks, Karen.  As a Newby I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Ninox Profile

If preferred, you can use text(NameOfChoiceField) to refer to a Choice field's selected text, instead of its number.

For example, if you want a field2 to only be displayed if "A" is selected from a Choice field, then you can set the field2's "Display field only, if" property to:

text(NameOfChoiceField) = "A"

Ninox Profile

You're welcome Jon! I always get so much help and many tips from this forum...so I'm always happy if I can help others. With that said, I knew someone wiser than myself might have a better answer  -> thanks Dean! :-) ke