Search by date calendar?

The calendar opens up to the current date. I need to find records dated 20 years ago. How do I get to those records? So far the only way I see to do that would be to scroll backwards through the mothns. That might take 20 years!

9 replies

null
    • Nick
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Twenty years??? Crap, I'm on the edge (hopefully)...\

In our case now.

As far as I know, you can't search the calendar.
    But the calendar takes the records from a table, right?
    When I want something similar, I search the tables.

Maybe someone else has the way ...

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Can't search for date using table search.

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have a work around, but seriously, the inabilty to search by date is a big problem.

• Mconneen
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Mr K.. 

When you say "can't search for date using table search"... I think you mean "global search" (aka find).    And you are right.   A simple work around is to create a global search text filed and use a trigger after update to keep it in sync with the desired field.  In this example, it is the appointment start date. 
    workAround

Searching a table view on a date or timestamp field is very simple. 

searchbyDate

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Filtering is the workaround, but I would really like to be able to search since that is way less steps. I see your way to do the global search, and I see it would work, but I really should be able to do a global search for a date.

• Mconneen
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hmm.. what is "interesting" is that the "field" still has a global search check box..  Which.. gives the impression it should participate in the global search. 

startTime

• Mr_K
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I was thinking the same thing. This must be a bug.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 3.41.34 PM

• boristuckeru
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

Hi! I can see how scrolling back 20 years on a calendar can be a bit tedious. Have you tried using the search bar or filter options?

• boristuckeru
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

boristuckeru That might be a quicker way to find the records you're looking for. In the meantime, you can check out the April calendar on our website if you need to navigate to a specific month. Good luck!

Content aside

• 1 yr agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 923Views
  • 1 Following