send e-mail to multiple users

Ninox Profile

Just had a thought - I think you should put the code in a button rather than the email field.

Ninox Profile

hi, i have done as you instructed, then i select two customers and tick the yes box, click the sendemail button i created with the code inside, then i receive a message saying the email julian.ki etc etc is not registered with this team.  

is there somethign i should modify in the code as regards to your email? an email box doesn't pop up, i just immediately recieve that error. maybe i'll add your email address and see what happens afterwards

Ninox Profile

ah ok sorry problem was your email in the from field. fixed that. seemed to have fixed the problem now and i can send an email to all selected contacts perfectlecy, and they dont see each others addresses in the email 

i guess my problem now is that for everytime i wish to change subject material of the email for different customers, i must manually go to the button field's code and input a different subject there? 

or is there an easier way around that, for example, one selecting the targeted emails, another text box underneath to write an email subject that is linked?

Ninox Profile

Glad it's now working!

Yes, what you've set up is a very simple case for sending a specific email to a list of people and then clearing them from the list.

With Ninox, it's quite possible to set up a sophisticated individual and/or bulk email system in which you could set up standard paragraphs, have embeddable variables in the text, store the sent emails as records against the person etc. This will resuire a table to hold the email types and a bit of code to manage the insertion of variable data, sending of the emails etc. This is a bit beyond the scope of a forum message - but I may consider writing a blog post about it (http://software.kirknessassociates.com/blog.html).

Ninox Profile

I've written a blog post about called Sending Bulk Emails in Ninox which you can see here:

http://software.kirknessassociates.com/blog_files/458b2ac56fab5fd7375f64b354486f37-38.html

The database used in the post is also available for free download from a link in the post.

Ninox Profile

Hi Julian, that is a great guide! 

Ninox Profile

hi julian thanks for the guide. i donwnloaded and loaded to my ninox to play around with it

am i right in thinking for your 'contact' table i can use my own contact list? i need to play aroubnd

anyway what i want to ask is why in your database there is no send button on the mailouts? i see it in the guide but wanted to donwload yours and copy the code for the button... but there is no send button. thanks so much

Ninox Profile

Ah - the send button hides itself if the mail out has been sent - delete the send date or create a new one and you’ll see it. Maybe I should add a mention of this in the blog post!

You should be able to apply the principles here to any database.

Ninox Profile

i've got everything working, when i click send to the 4 contacts i have selected, everything seems to work fine and it says the emails have been sent from my master email... but my contacts didn't recieve emails nor is there anything in my sent folder of my email

question, the FROM field, is my email, but i don't remember actully integrating this email on ninox so how can ninox access my email to send emails from it? i don't understabd.. grrrr

Ninox Profile

am i missing something in the tooltip- before sending make sure the users selected have email addresses you can recieve? what does that mean>