Standardised formatting in print view

Hello,

I'm new to the program and am having some trouble adjusting my workflow to Ninox. I run a wedding band, and frequently need to send clients standardised contracts and invoices using data from my gig sheet. I've tried to replicate Ninox's 'invoice' template, but can't figure out a number of things, namely:

- How to show create/show a table in print view and export as PDF
- How to stop formatting issues across devices (a PDF exported from my Mac looks completely different to a PDF exported on my PC)
- How to only show certain fields using logic (if Gigs.disco = true, then show disco times else return "N/A")

I could probably solve one or two of these problems if I could duplicate the template invoice to my main database, but I can't. I've saved the template as a *.ninox file, but when I try to import a *.ninox file I don't get any options to choose a file - is this a bug?

I really do apologise if these seem like silly questions, or have been asked before. I have spent the last 2 days scouring forums trying to figure it out, but to no avail. I've also spent ages meticulously crafting the invoice/contract in print, only to find it looks like rubbish when exported as PDF!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

Fred

1 reply

null
    • Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

To import a database you have to be on the overview of your databases (where you see the different teams). Importing a database into another is not possible (well, only data is possible with .csv, but not the structure).

I highly recommend the weekly webinars or the many youtube videos about Ninox to learn.

e.g. : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG-d8dpiKqHVeVQEKizZ85Q

or

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfWCkrkcDKB-3xcykSdHI1Q

about your 1st Q : the form editor is totaly different of the print-editor. You create tables in the form editor and not in the print editor. I've invited you to the Webinar EN team where you can find lot's of example databases. But, Please don't change them or change the database structure, better to make backup of them and import them and check them out.(to do that use the down arrow when you hover on the top-right position of the icon and chose create backup and then download it)

about your 2nd Q : I think Ninox uses a different print-engine on the local app and the cloud app. Better contact Ninox @ support@ninox.com for that.

about your 3th Q : you can use something like this in a formule field : if Gigs.disco then 'disco times' else "N/A"

Hope this helps you.

Steven.

ps: Ninox is the right choice to use with your Business (everything is possible with Ninox)

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 500Views