Text / Date Functions

I need to have a field that calculates 342 days added on to ‘breeding’ date entered in a table -

So if someone enters 1/1/2016 for a breeding date

I need the foaling date to show: 12/8/2016 (342 days later)

is there something like (Breeding_Date)+342(days)

71 replies

null
    • Frank_Bohmer
    • 8 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    We already answerded this by mail, but for anyone else:
    Breeding_Date + 342
    will do the job.
    More complicated date calculations can be achieved with

date(Year, Month, Day)
    year(Date)
    month(Date)
    day(Date)

e.g. to get a date of today plus three months:
    date(year(today()), month(today()) + 3, day(today()))
    • info_labaulacom
    • 8 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi,

How may I indicate in a condition:

If "date field" is empty then x.

"0" nor "000-00-00" doesn't work.

Thank you.
    • Frank_Bohmer
    • 8 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi,
    to check for empty fields, simply write:
    if not MyDate then "It's empty" else "Got a date"
    Regards,
    Frank
    • N/A
    • John_Bennett
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello,

When adding multiple hours together, is there a way to keep it in "Hours:Minutes" format, rather than "Days, Hours:Minutes"?

Examples:
    (Current format): 8:00 + 8:00 + 8:00 + 8:00 = "1 day 8:00"

(Desired format): 8:00 + 8:00 + 8:00 + 8:00 = "32:00"

Thanks,
    John
    • Frank_Bohmer
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi John,
    you'd need to use "Time interval" fields instead of "Time" for the original data. Time interval offers several formatting options. Adding values usually respects the format of the left-most value.
    Best Regards, Frank
    • kkr1972
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi,

I need to enter birth, marriage and death dates (at times a long time ago, so I don't want to deal with the calendar). I would like it to display formatted as, e.g. 15.09.1884 (for 15 September, 1884). What should I do?
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello,
    you can type in dates into the form in the table view. The formatting depends on the system settings. Go to settings and open "Speech and region". There go to advanced options and go to date. The medium date format is the one how it is displayed in Ninox.
    Best regards, Alexander
    • dbeard105
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Alexander

In response to KKR1972's query you responded

"Hello,
    you can type in dates into the form in the table view. The formatting depends on the system settings. Go to settings and open “Speech and region”. There go to advanced options and go to date. The medium date format is the one how it is displayed in Ninox.
    Best regards, Alexander"

I have a similar need to enter a lot of historical data including dates and times. I note that you say that you can type dates into the form in table view. I am using the iPad version and as soon as I tap on the appropriate field in the table, the form appears, and that requires me to scroll through years until I find the year I want. So I don't appear to have any ability to enter the date, but maybe as a new user I am missing something obvious?

Kind regards
    • Thosbryan
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    I went to the preferences/date-time on my imac to look at the settings being used for dates. I changed the settings for Medium to mm dd yy. My data coming from the csv file created by excel is in text format as mm/dd/yy. Just testing, I took a look at the TODAY function and got a result of OCT 02, 2016. Was expecting 10/02/16. Any thoughts on this. Is there any function that will take an ASCII string and convert it to a proper date format?
    • Frank_Bohmer
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Thomas,
    the date format setting should be MM/dd/yy. (i.e. capital MM, lower case m refers to minutes).
    Regards, Frank
    • bluemoonink
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi:
    I have a csv file with a date field (dd/mm/yy). When I import into Ninox, into a date field, it doesn't read it properly. Example:
    CSV file date = 8/28/16
    Ninox will show the date as "Jan 8, 2028"

There doesn't seem to be any text to date functions in Ninox, so I can't bring it in as a text and then convert to date. I have worked on this for hours and cannot find a solution. I am importing approx. 500,000 records into Ninox, so it would not be feasible to make the changes in Excel prior to import - at least I don't really want to do that. How can I get Ninox to import to a date field correctly from a csv file?
    thank you!
    joanne
    • bluemoonink
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    I just tried changing the date format in the CSV (excel) file to (mmm dd, yyyy) and when I did import, it brought the dates in correctly. I guess Ninox will only recognize a date field in that format? it works though...
    • Alexander_Koenig
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hello bluemoonink, great that you found a solution! The import depends on the system settings.

Go to: System Preferences --> Language & Region --> Advanced --> Dates

The Medium Setting defines how dates are displayed in Ninox and in which format they can be imported.

Best regards, Alex
    • simon
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    I want a formula to give the age of a person on a future date.
    Any thoughts?
    • Leonid_Semik
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Si,

age(Birthday)

regards
    Leo
    • simon
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Thanks Leo. That's not quite what I'm after, it returns the person's age as of TODAY. What I want is to calculate the age of my contacts will be on, say, 8 April 2017.
    • Leonid_Semik
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Oh, sorry!
    Here is a sample database:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gz427ktqi5mip8e/Age.ninox?dl=0

regards
    Leo
    • simon
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Thanks Leo - that's a great help.
    • David_Maddux
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    I have a large data file with three Date / Time fields. Is it possible to change them to just Date fields?
    • Birger_H
    • 7 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Use "Update multiple records..." from the gear menu. Here is the manual page for this task.

Hope this helps
    Birger - Ninox Support
    • Reneb
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi

I want to calculate an appointment field 'appt' based on a date field 'date' in the same record.
    - trigger after update on the 'date' field doesnt seem to work with: 'appt'='date'+21 Where 21 are days
    - a formula field does the job, but returns a numeric value and it is not an appointment field.
    Could anybody give me an hand on this?

Thanks
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Rene,
    here is a small example on the appointment field. This shows how to user formulas to write and read the appointment field.

Greetings
    Birger - Ninox Support
    • Martin_Sanderson
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Ninox team,

Is there a way to make appointments in whole day blocks, our business runs over days not parts of days, so having to put in a time against an appointment just causes us confusion and makes the diary look messy.

Thanks,

Martin
    • Birger_H
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Hi Martin,
    you can make all day(s) appointments. See this small template to get a hint:

Birger - Ninox Support
    • Martin_Sanderson
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    thanks Birger, however the example shown, still shows the time. All I want is to show a either a single date or a from to date without any 'time' shown on the appointment field.

Thanks

Martin

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 71Replies
  • 29891Views