Transfer a Ninox DB

If I develop a DB for someone else, can it be transferred to them, provided they also buy the app?

8 replies

null
    • Birger_H
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yes. Select "Duplicate Database" in the App to make an all fresh copy und send this via email...

Birger

• drewwwinters
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Much appreciated, thanks.

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Does this same approach work if I develop an application locally (Ninox DB App) and want to deploy it to Ninox Cloud?  (not iCloud..)

• Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Mconneen,

Yes, it does. You can "Duplicate database" from the app to make an all fresh copy. Then download it by "Save archive as" and import it to your Ninox team and get going.

Sakshi,

Ninox  

• drewwwinters
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

If I send a duplicate database via email, can the recipient edit it, as in make changes to the model, or at least add items to a multiple choice selection box?

• drewwwinters
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Never mind... I figured it out. :-)

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks @Sakshi ...   There is another thread about linking to a different database.   When doing Acce$$ development, it is a best practice to split the application data and the application code.  In doing so, the application may be changed without impacting the data.. then simply send a new code database and relink to the data database.  

• Sakshi_Singh
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Mconneen,

Two databases can be linked via Zapier or API. Would you like to discuss more in a call?

https://calendly.com/sakshi-singh-ninox/30min

Regards,
    Sakshi- Ninox

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 2991Views